***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

Thanks rk2017 and BSMD Mom. I totally agree with rk2017 about scoring better on ACT writing. My D has 36 on ACT with 8 on writing. She wanted it out of her way and took it at the beginning of Sophomore. Now, she is thinking of doing SAT (if time permits with the extracurriculars ) as a senior.

Thanks everyone for your wonderful advices.

@Smilescreen

As I mentioned earlier, 8 on ACT writing is a pretty good score and corresponds to a 90 th percentile or so. So your D should be just fine with the 36 & 8 for any other program even without SAT or having to retake ACT.

Just not for that one program though it seems. Ironically and as mentioned earlier, the same university has max number of student pool coming in with ACT for traditional undergrad.

@9the0girl7 most BSMD programs are merit based so you see a lot of indians/asians in them. However, a few do practice holistic admissions (rochester, brown etc) and some state schools specifically favor or limit admissions to in-state. Most schools explicitly state their policies online, other places you might have to visit and talk to adcoms directly.

Hi I have some questions regarding Bsmd .

@Sps3273 , Good luck to our kiddos.

@GoldenRock @uravgperson Thank you very much for your detailed replies, they were very helpful.

@TarzanDad Anytime! Glad I could help!

Hello everyone, I’m just dropping in to let all of the students who applied to Union/AMC know that according to the information I received, AMC will be interviewing Monday and Friday from January 10th to March 27th. Good luck to all of you!

I still did not receive the follow up email from Union/AMC that includes the new supplements, is that normal? How did you receive the interview info

Just wanted to ask if anyone offers or knows anyone who offers interview prep services. Please let me know or pm me. Really interested Thank you .

@“BSMD mom”

Read sometime back on this forum someone showering praises for this admissions counseling firm called Premed hq.
Not sure if they offer services just for interviews and if so how much they charge. You can try contacting them and find out.

Seems their usual packages cover guidance for all or most of high school including application process and charge upwards of 10k.

@BSMDGAL I apologize for the confusion. I’m not an applicant for this year’s cycle, I am currently in the program. I got the dates because they told us they would need current students to do the Q&A sessions for the interview days. I really have no idea when they will be sending out the supplemental application. Good luck to you though!

Thank you @rk2017. Will look it up.

Thank you.

@BSMDGAL My Son received AMC supplemental today morning.

@2FutureBSMDsMom - same here. Got acceptance from Union and scholarship of 20K/year.

@BSMDGAL - same. Received supplemental today. Due Dec 10th.

Anyone applying to UMKC?

My D received AMC supplement on 11/20. Submitted week later. Got rejected for interview today. She applied via RPI.

Hello! I have been a lurker on this thread. 2 weeks ago, I received the supplemental application for RPI/AMC, and I turned it in last week. This morning, I received an interview invite for AMC (super excited to visit and check it out). I just wanted to reach out and ask whether anyone knew how the AMC interview worked as it is my very first interview for college! Any tips on how to prepare for it?

Thank you!