***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

Has anyone gotten any information on an interview from Purchase? They said they would tell each applicant whether or not they got an interview, but I haven’t received any communication at all. Does anyone have any information on when these emails will be sent out?

@collegeappvibes Purchase does not do a UG interview. Once you are accepted, they will let you know if they forwarded your application to SUNY within 2 weeks of your UG acceptance.

@imsa2020nv based on last year’s posts, it looks like if we do not get a call from BU by tomorrow, we should not expect an interview. No one seems to have got interview calls in Jan.

@coolguy456 I’ve heard around 150 students got the first round of interviews at NJIT. Keep your hopes up. It’s just the beginning of the process. Good luck to you and all of us!

Good luck to everyone!

@sajju786 BU SMED calls went out last Wednesday?

Did anyone here get a BU SMED call?

For anyone who received BU SMED call, when did you all apply ? My DC applied pretty close to the due date and hence wondering.

Are we supposed to be getting calls or emails for BU? Or is it both? Do we have confirmation that all of them have gone out?

So far no one in this forum has received BU interview invite. A parent of a current BU SMED student has posted that interview invites have gone out, that’s all.

@imsa2020nv also called BU and confirmed as well.

Did anyone receive the RIT supplement?

Parents / students

Don’t lose sleep over the timings of the calls or other communication. If these programs are fortunate enough to have all you® talented students, they will reach out to you sooner or later. Otherwise too bad for them.

I am sure great opportunities await each one of you no matter what. Have fun for the holidays and the rest of the high school. These cherishable days won’t come back again.

Quick question, do universities/colleges see all applied students sat/act scores or they can only see what you send ? My daughter just took sat for the first time and got the score of 1540 today. She is thinking about retaking it but afraid she might not get better score next time.
Please advise. Thanks.

Another question, should my daughter take ACT also? I’m worried that if the ACT score is lower, it may hurt her chance more than help her.

@ttb1263, From the little knowledge I have after going through these forums and helping a High school junior, I think your daughter’s SAT 1540 is good unless she wants to be really competitive. She can definitely try attempting ACT with good preparation. She doesn’t have to submit both ACT and SAT. She can just submit one whichever it the best. All colleges accept both ACT or SAT.

@ttb1263

If you are asking for BS/MD perspective, no it won’t hurt taking SAT multiple times and if subsequent scores are lower. You only send the highest score. No need of taking ACT, unless she has plenty of time to explore. Let her focus on SAT.

The same is applicable for most traditional undergrad applications. But very few colleges insist that you send all scores to them (used to be Stanford, not sure if still the case). Yale wants all scores too from either ACT or SAT, but not both. You may want to check the latest requirements.

@therosea
Yes my DS got RIT supplement

@therosea RIT supplement came on Nov 27th and was due on Dec 15th.

AMC (through Union) interview invite came yesterday.

@rk2017

VERY WELL SAID.
Most people here will get into ONE BSMD program and the remaining will get through the regular route. The students here are just great caliber and super talented.

I do not want to start the debate of surety of a BS/MD vs traditional route . . .

ENJOY THE SENIOR YEAR AND THE BREAK - you will carry these fond memories when you are MDs later.