***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

@screen321 So if we were not forwarded for an interview, will they send an email saying we didn’t get them or will we just get no response?

Also, if anyone here applied for the Upstate/Adelphi Joint Degree Program, does anyone know if they’ll let you know if you didn’t get an interview?

@collegeappvibes Purchase said they would notify within 2 weeks of your UG admission if they forwarded to Med school who will then send supplemental. The med school then gives invites for interview. Purchase didn’t say if they would notify if they did not forward. You may want to call them.

Any info on RPI/AMC process? How many gets supplements? # invited for interview? …

Also - Is it fair assumption that you are already admitted to RPI if you get AMC supplements?

I thought only Nov CASPer takers were notified so far for RPI?

@RP1010

Don’t assume, some programs have in the past denied admission/merit awards to students that got forwarded by them to their own or associated med schools but weren’t eventually accepted for the med school portions of their programs.

Because they were most likely concerned that the student will go elsewhere without the med school acceptance and it will impact their yield figures for the undergrad.

RPI being a private institution, may have similar concerns. Some schools specifically ask if wish to be considered for undergrad even if not accepted to the med portion after the outcomes of the interviews. And some don’t. So better get it clarified directly after the holidays as to what their procedures are and whether you need to explicitly express your interest in the undergrad there.

RPI is a good school for students with rigorous background.

@SpeedSkater all it says when I log in to the portal is that the deadline has expired and to contact their office. Does this mean I have submitted?

my DS got reject from bsmd RPI.

bsmd fees submitted for drexel college of medicine now… its a long journey

@rk2017 - Good point. Will contact them after holiday to confirm interest in UG at RPI regardless of outcome from AMC

How does the referral process work for Upstate Medical School? Polytechnic sent me a supplement and then Upstate also sent me a supplement just a few days ago saying my application was referred. However, I have not heard back from either SUNY Albany or Purchase. Does this mean I wasn’t referred from these institutions?

And why did only Polytechnic have an undergraduate supplemental, bcuz I’ve heard some ppl saying that Purchase and Albany did direct referral. Has anyone else gotten an undergrad supplement from one of the SUNY schools?

@alex07746 if you don’t mind, would you please share stats? Want to see how we compare. Thanks!

@PathophysiologyFTW Do you pay $110 or $65for SUNY Upstate Medical application? It say $110 in the text on the top, but red words at the bottom says $65. Do you need to submit additional application, rec letters to Upstate as stated in the payment page?

DS just received RPI/AMC interview invite. Surprised AMC sending out emails over Holidays, could be automated system ?

@starplatinum - Congrats!!. Do you mind sharing when did she submitted supplement? My D20 got supplement which is due 12/23 so just wanted to see approx timeline if she will be called for interview or not

Anyone know about the UCF Burnett Medical Scholars Program? Heard it’s rlly wack and my application got endorsed but I’m not entirely sure how competitive it is and how many students make it. Can anyone shed some light on this program?

@BAMDHopeful I paid $110 for my application. Also, where did it indicate that I needed to send letters of recommendation to Upstate, as I do not recall this being mentioned anywhere on the application. Do you have a picture or anything that you can refer to, because now I’m kinda starting to freak out as my recommenders are on vacation right now and can’t send letters…

@starplatinum Congrats! When did your DS take the CASPer?

@PathophysiologyFTW just took a look at the Email stating: “All sections of the application must be completed in order to be considered, along with a $65 application fee. “ I paid $65. We can’t review the pages once submitted. I don’t have a screen shot either. I am in the same boat as you. Will call to find out on Monday. Hope they are open for business.

I got referred for Upstate BS/MD from Albany. I payed the $65 and was told that I did not need to turn in any additional documents with the application as long as I had included them in my SUNY at Albany application.

@hermionea Thank you so much! Do you know how are they going to handle students referred by multiple undergraduate programs? Does Upstate assign the students to certain college or the students get to choose?