***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

@imsa2020 did you receive a phone call or email or both for BU interview?

Do you mind sharing your stats?

Thanks

@AZawan @BSMDGAL

Hi guys! Congrats on getting called for interview.

For the interview day, there are two parts – Union and AMC. If you’re coming on a Monday, you’ll come to Union first, then go to AMC, and if you’re coming on a Friday, it’s vice versa.
At Union, I believe someone (most likely our Union director) will speak to you for some time, then you’ll have a 30 min Q&A session with current LIM students (I’m hosting some!), and then you’ll go on a tour of the campus, usually also by a LIM student.
At AMC, you’ll first have a “group” interview, where the AMC director of LIM could either ask everyone the same couple of questions going down a line, sometimes they’ve done a team building exercise, etc. Then, you’ll have a one-on-one interview with an AMC faculty member.

@BSMDGAL

In terms of how to prepare for the LIM interview, I’m a current junior so I’m not sure what questions they ask at AMC now, but this is how I prepared. AMC is really big on bioethics so I learned a little about that, read the latest technologies/breakthroughs in healthcare and healthcare policy, it’s very important to know your resume well and be able to explain every thing you did in both one sentence and in a detailed by concise paragraph, & be able to explain why you’re interested in the MBA (since that’s why our program is unique).

However, coming out of the interview and out of this entire college app season, I’ve realized the most important thing in interviews is to be yourself (cliche but really true). By this time, you’ve demonstrated you’re academically capable. Now, we want to see that you’re a good fit for our program and that the program is a good fit for you. AMC faculty conduct this interview wanting you to succeed. :slight_smile: Good luck!

Hey guys so sorry for my late response! So I did receive a phone call first, followed up by an email confirmation of the day’s activities. The days offered were Friday, January 24th and Monday, January 27th. I am pretty sure those are the only two days so maybe BU is interviewing fewer candidates this year? I’m not sure

For anyone on this thread who has already gone through this process or anyone who has already had an BS/MD interview, what questions are typically asked?

Interviews for SUNY Upstate are out!

What are the exact interview dates? Thanks!

@imsa2020nv

Hi, if you are kind enough, can you please disclose your SAT/ACT score. Want to find out if BU SMED has a cutoff SAT/ACT score?

Didn’t take the SAT, but I did get a 1590 SAT.

If someone knows someone in the program or information about the Washington and Jefferson and LKSOM please let me know. I would like some insight. Thank you

1 Like

@PathophysiologyFTW . Congratulations. when is the SUNY upstate interview ? is it Albany/upstate or purchase/upstate or RIT/upstate program ?

@imsa2020nv At BU - you interview with one under grad prof and one physician from medical school. They are typical questions about ur interests and reasons for BS/MD

Is it confirmed that Union/Albany and BU SMED interview calls/emails have all gone out?

BU Admission counselors say that interview notifications go out till middle of Feb. They do not send out rejects, so if you don’t hear by mid Feb then you are not being considered for an interview. All the best - hang in there

@imsa2020nv what does that mean? U didn’t take sat but u got ?

@NoviceDad : Thank you very much for the info.

I mistyped, I didn’t take the ACT

My son got an interview invite with SUNY Upstate. Anyone knows of the interview format and/or any advice would greatly be appreciated.

@art2020 aha I was being rlly dumb and applied to Polytechnic and got an interview. In retrospect I regret not applying to RIT. And the interview is MMI format for those who are wondering but Upstate said that there are roughly 108 interview slots divided up between six different sessions so assuming everyone attends and there’s around 60-70 spots available then chances are making the interview is a rlly good thing. Actually if I’m being honest there’s a good chance most of us might get accepted and they just invited more to take yield into account. I guess we’ll just have to see!

@PathophysiologyFTW . Thanks for the details. Good Luck on your interview !!