***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

Seriously decent program — not bad, not bad at all

@Rainiertx I am also on the alternate list for Cincinnati, do you know how many others there are?

Does anyone know when Temple PPHS will come out tomorrow?

SUNY geneso +nyitcom seems better- lower mcat score required to matriculate +state tuition for in state students

My DD is in the consideration list for Union/AMC. Dont know how many of them get into the consideration lists. How is that different from Wait list?

What do you think is better? NYIT/NYITCOM or Adelphi w/ LECOM?

Update from Brown “Admission decisions for Regular Decision applicants to the Class of 2022 will be available online March 28, 2018 beginning at 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time”

what are the chances for Brown PLME applicants who didn’t get alumni interview yet…most likely rejected?

@2018bsmd which area are you from? Maybe there are no Brown alumni closeby?

NJ

PLME stats for 2017
PLME ADMISSIONS AT A GLANCE https://www.brown.edu/academics/medical/plme/information-prospective-students/admissions-facts-and-figures
Class entering 2017:
Number of applicants to PLME - 2432

Number offered admission to PLME - 96
24 Early Decision; 72 Regular Action

Number of PLME matriculants - 60
24 Early Decision; 36 Regular Action;
26 males; 34 females
Average SAT scores for matriculants over the last five years
Critical Reading: 741
Mathematics: 756

Writing: 741

It will only get tougher this year.

@ScholarGuy I have a few friends who are in the program. They like it so far, plus they have the option to apply out. One is at NYCOM first year, the other is a first year in the program.

I don’t think the Brown alumni interview will matter too much. Meaning that even if you didn’t have one, you are still in the running. @2018bsmd

Something to keep in mind for future applicants or folks who may take traditional route. UIUC Carle started new medical college with preliminary accreditation this year and based on UIUC reputation in Eng something to keep an eye on it.

https://medicine.illinois.edu/32-students-receive-admissions-offers/

Yeah I applied PLME and I’m in MA but didn’t get an alumni interview. If you were never offered one, then as they said it won’t detract from your application.

We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.

• Martin Luther King, Jr

@ScholarGuy any school with no mcat acceptance is better

Tx all for your solid feedback on our question earlier today…GL to all, as chances seem to be narrowing down…yes, let’s not lose hope!

@ScholarGuy. Both NYCOM and LECOM seem like are good programs. Advantages of LECOM BS/DO program are that MCAT is not required and GPA requirement is lower (3.4 vs 3.5). Also the medical school fee and room & board cost for LECOM is about half of the one for NYCOM. A saving of about 150K over 4 years is pretty significant. If it is me, I will go for LECOM.

Hope is infinite for Temple tomorrow [-O<