***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

Does anyone know when to expect NJMS decisions or generally any statistics of what percent is accepted?
Also, how many are accepted from schools like Caldwell, Drew?
Or does each school have equal proportions of students

Any numbers on how many interviews and final offers for RPI/AMC?

@SeamusBSMD they said about 80 interviewed, and 30-35 are accepted

@medhopeful0 NJMS Dean said that they plan on sending decisions out over the weekend, by Monday at the latest.

PLME Decisions will come out in less than 2 hours @ 7M EST :open_mouth:

@SomeKid123 Thank you!. Did your result for RPI/AMC come out?

@SeamusBSMD Not yet, Iā€™ll be hearing from them this Friday hopefully

@SomeKid123 My Childā€™s interview is this Friday! Besides i hear different numbers from different peopleā€¦ 80/30-35, 90/40, 65/30 etc. Its crazy!

@Dermerk I heard that apparently, NJMS gives decisions back to feeder school, which ultimately give decisionā€¦
I cant validate this, unfortunately,

Which school did you apply through? Did you already have an interview

For Albany, anyone under consideration still?

@medhopeful0 I applied thru NJIT & TCNJ and already have had my interview with NJMS.

For Union/AMC, it was 80 interviewed 30-35 accepted, and I think it is similar for RPI/AMC.

@MangoPeash
Disclaimer: These are my opinions and Iā€™ve highlighted issues with the things that I prioritize. Youā€™re blessed to have so many options (congratulations!!) so I want you to be happy with what you choose.
To be honest, I would not recommend Augustaā€™s bs/md program. I have a several friends there, and all of them say itā€™s very rigorous (increasing GPA requirement over 3 years). Also, thereā€™s not much to do on or off campus, and you wonā€™t get as good of a college experience as I think you could somewhere else. In addition, the med program students are relatively isolated from the rest of college community, mainly spending time with others in the program which is fine, except youā€™re already spending 7 years with them. Also, if I remember correctly, I donā€™t think you can walk to classā€“you have to take a bus which is not reliable for getting to class on time (my friends drive to class).

Brown PLME rejected :frowning: oh well

@TheElusiveGod did you get into Brown regular undergrad?

@medhopeful0 Nope.

This was final straw today. All results are in for us.
Denied - Yale, Howard
Waitlisted - UPenn

Rejected also Brown and PLME
Just waiting on two more BS/MD programs

Daughter waitlisted at Brown.
Means rejected from PLME.
Will be withdrawing from the waitlist.

Congratulations to all who got in.

Waitlisted at Brown too. It was an absolute bloodbath today

Son got adimitted to Hofstra 8 yr and UMKC 6yr. Any thoughts on which one to go with? Hofstra has MCAT and UMKC does not. Both med schools seem to have similar matches for residency last few years. UMKC requires summers also due to 6yr BAMD.

Iā€™m just waiting for Drexel BS/MD. Iā€™ll post on the results thread after I receive the decision.

Congrats to everyone on their hard work and perseverance! Itā€™ll all pay off in the end, no matter the results of this yearā€™s BS/MD programs.