***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

@Colleg2018 , I should add that the above response #1093 is based on my understanding…

if my UMKC general app has not been processed yet does that mean it hasn’t been seen by the school of medicine?

@College2018, I would think the feeder school(s) will send you their own notification indicating NJMS selected you for interview through their forwarding. If you don’t get any such, which I highly doubt would happen, don’t hesitate to call up each of them to find out.

Tried calling UMKC SOM to ask but no human available.The recording said to leave a message or email them.So not sure if application has been forwarded to SOM or not.

I just called UMKC SOM, my son’s UG application attached to his file this morning. SOM is expecting to send out invites for interview by end of January this year with interview dates in Feb and March. They had some trouble with the new General Application, so the interview invites are going out later than last year.

By the way, UMKC SOM forwards application every two days to their committee for review.

Checked last year, 2017, Temple University Pre-Med Health Scholar Applicant Academic Profiles

218 Total Applications
24 (11%) invited to interview
13 (5.9%) accepted as Health Scholars

Total Applicants (n = 218)
Average SAT Reading: 720
Average SAT Math: 750
Average SAT Combined: 1470
Average ACT: 33
Average GPA: 3.90

Accepted Health Scholars (n = 13)
Average SAT Reading: 760
Average SAT Math: 750
Average SAT Combined: 1510
Average ACT: 34
Average GPA: 3.98

I am not sure the profile for this year. Basically, you have to be approximate top 10% from applicants, once you are invited to interview on 02/16/2018, you have 50% chance to be accepted.

GL

@bsmdegree Thank you for the Temple PPHS stats. Appreciate it. Have you been able to find similar stats for Drexel? Thanks in advance

@bsmdegree I’m looking for the last year’s stats for RPI, where can I find that?

@SV2018, No latest Drexel applicant profile information,

Based on the old one, 2008,
400 passed to med school, 120 interviewed, 65 accepted, 20 enrolled.
(Based on Drexel website, “Entering classes admitted to the BA/BS + MD program had an average GPA of 3.94 and an average combined SAT score of 1527 or ACT 34 composite.” )

If your DS are asked to pay $100 process fee then he has 1/3 chance being invited to interview.
If your DS gets an interview then he has 1/2 chance to be accepted.

GL.

@m22499 It will be tough to find that information online. If you get at interview at AMC, they will give you a stat sheet with all the information from the previous years accepted class. Grades, average SAT scores, demographics, states of residence plus number of applicants broken down as males and females. I can tell you in 2016 there were approximately 1100-1200 applicants. The stat sheet is one side RPI applicants, the other side is Union applicants.

Did any one else get interview from Tcnj/NJMS or NJIT/NJMS?

@bsmdegree Thanks

@bsmdegree or any one have the same stats for NJMS - Like how many will be called for interview, and how many will be accepted.

@2018bsmd,

I only know TCNJ/NJMS side application profile,

of students who apply 400

of students academically eligible to interview 200

of students who receive an interview at TCNJ 100

of students who receive an interview at NJMS 80

of students who are accepted into the Seven-Year Program 40

of students who enter program Fall semester 20

Recent average SAT of accepted students 1534
Recent average GPA of accepted students (Unweighted) 4.72 or 100.05%
(not sure about average GPA 4.72 ? — probably this is a TCNJ way to calculate GPA)

If you are invited to interview from NJMS via TCNJ then you have 50% chance to be accepted.

GL

@bsmdegree

I heard it depends (from past students in the three programs) on your residency.

Take it as you may, but supposedly NJMS cares a lot more about IS or OOS than any of the three feeders.

@ bsmdegree… does the percent of chances vary if njms invitation is throug NJIt or Rutgers

As I said, the data is ONLY based on TCNJ/NJMS side, I do not know other feeders profiles.

NJMS selects applicants from different feeders,
I “guess” once you are invited to interview from NJMS, you have 50% chance to be accepted.

GL

Does anyone from previous application cycles remember how many were accepted via RPI, Union, Siena to AMC BSMD programs for past couple of years.

Also, for the last few years interviews, what did the parents do when they took kids for interviews? It feels strange to take a 17 year old for med school interview, just drop them off and leave. Are the parents allowed to join the tours?

Thank you for any info you have.

I got Temple PPHS Interview! I also received RPI/AMC Supplement today.

@TTV2018 They look to accept approximately 30 to RPI and 30 to Union (at least they did a couple of years ago). With the intention that 12-15 will enroll.

Parents usually get a seperate quick tour of the medical school, but after the initial introductions by a program coordinator a majority of the time for parents afterwards is spent just sitting around in a waiting area for a couple of hours.