***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

Is it a bsmd ?

@BSMD3170 UCF’s Burnett Medical Scholars program is an 8yr combined program. There is a GPA, MCAT, and interview requirement to go from BS to MD, but from what I’ve hear the interview is just a formality. The way I see the program is that if you do everything right, you will get into UCF’s medical school. Without the program, the process is quite a gamble even if you have the stats and hours do to such low acceptance rates.

I applied for UCF’s BMS program on Jan 7 and they finally emailed me my confirmation yesterday and said that decisions will be released after the application deadline(Feb 15). Should just be 2ish weeks left!!

Anyone who interviewed without siena/amc willing to give any tips/info?

sadly nothing is paid for for you pay for the right to interview and then you pay for tuition of college and medschool

My daughter received an email invitation to interview for the Texas Tech UMSI program today.

still no update for me on Penn State or BU portals :frowning:

@kfog BU portal update? All BU invites are done they have completed 3 interview dates and the last one is tomorrow. They invited total of 80. BU Calls and emails if you get invited to an interview. There is no BU portal update.

@bsmd1826 thanks for the information.

I didnt receive an interview for Texas Tech UMSI.

@Big Rob what were your daughter’s stats

Stats:
1530 SAT
400 hours of clinical experience
50 hours of shadowing
2 publication in major journals
2 years of research

i’m from plano tx

Your stats are outstanding!! Congrats!!

My daughter has:
Valedictorian #1 of 751 (Houston area)
ACT 31
SAT 1370
GPA 4.0
National Honor Society (member)
National Spanish Honor Society (member)
Student Council (member)
HOSA (secretary)
9th grade Homecoming Duchess
30 hours dual credit, AP credits
Online CME trainings via Harvard, Stanford, and Baylor Medical Schools
Over 200 hours community service
4X National Junior Olympic Qualifier in Track and Field (4x800m relay, 2000m Steeplechase)
District Champion, Regional Finalist Track 4x400m relay
District Champion, 2X Regional Finalist in Cross Country
2 years Varsity Cheer Captain
Takes weekly tumbling & stunt classes for cheers
2 years part-time work experience for mental health counseling business
African-American/Caucasian
Has an awesome Father ;>)

Haha she definitely has an awesome father…

I also did run cross country but I feel that the reason I may not have been invited is due to the fact that I have roughly 90 hours of transferable college credit. They may have felt that I was trying to rush the process

Congratulations on your daughter’s accomplishment! I wish her the best for her interview!

By the way do you know when HBS 3/4 comes out… I know it is supposed to come out today

Has anyone heard from Union yet ?

@cerealguy3 Thanks.

Probably so. UMSI kept emphasizing it’s an 8 year program. Stay smart. Definitely dont pay out of pocket just to take courses you don’t need. Instead transfer as many credits as possible and focus on MCAT and other ways to prepare yourself.

Daughter is probably going to pass on the UMSI program interview, but not 100% sure yet. She has decided wants to attend closer to home, UT, UH, or Baylor.

TX Tech offered free tuition plus $10k for first year and $6k for years 2-4, but frequent travel expenses will be rediculous.

She called UH this afternoon about HBS and was told announcements will go out tomorrow.

Also the opportunities in the surrounding area, especially at UH, would allow her to really diversify profile…

Keeping my fingers crossed for UH

@cerealguy3 2 years of research yields 2 publications in 2 major journal, that’s huge, huge accomplishment, lots of full-time researchers/professors can not be this productive.

@zha. Yes my D got accepted in Union and has AMC interview in Mar.

congratulations! can you share your daughter stats?

Stats:
1480 SAT
200 hours of volunteering
170 hours of shadowing
2 years of research
NHS leadership and Leaders lot of clubs at school. STEM projects in NYU and UPItt.

sounds awesome! wish her the best ! thanks for sharing

Any updates from HPME?