***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

I heard VCU changed to a MMI interview format… has anyone interview VCU GMED? I am just wondering what type of questions asked in the MMI interview

Finished my VCU GMED interview today. MMI setup, 7 questions and 2 break stations. Very well organized day and look forward to seeing what happens!

Congrats to your daughter @rbmed18 .

I spoke to WashU today. They said interview invites will go out early to mid march. Students will receive an email letting them know that they can check status online on the WashU pathway. So have to wait for 2 to 4 weeks more…

@PPofEngrDr

After SJB SOM was closed in 2011/12, its facilities & clinical sites were acquired by a private investment group which re-opened the med school under new management the next year. It’s currently accredited.

Any HPME invites today? are we done?

@FinesseKing im currently a junior and applying to bs/md schools next year so was curious on what kind of questions did they ask for ur vcu mmi interview? heard any schools are doing that now a days

@appstatus @bballlover123 believe MMI are not same questions, however I found a wealth of details about it in another thread.
See the link http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/20305174/#Comment_20305174

Also you may want to read thread about MMI ?s, those are not allowed to post as per thread
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/21206586/#Comment_21206586

@WayOutWestMom thanks for update. Based on what I have heard and read so far, it seems probation is not a big deal especially for established medical schools, its like big corporations misses Wall Street estimates once in a while.

@bsmdint & All: Just created the thread for BS/MD Results for 2018. Please post in May once you have finalized your school choice in this thread. In the right spirit, wants to challenge this year students / parents to exceed any previous years threads number of posts in results thread.

Unfortunately every year, for obvious reason, every body gets glued to the GPA and Test Scores. But the reality it is more than that. That will be evident from the results posts what some students have done to show their passion to help people who are in need or in medicine or any outstanding activity, how they excelled in their essay or aced interview based on their candid feedback.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/2057178-official-thread-bs-md-results-for-class-of-2018.html#latest

Congratulations! @rbmed18 You must be so proud and relieved!

Did everyone has the same questions? Do you mind sharing what questions were asked. I am preparing for next year.

It is not right to share questions. Do it the right way; work hard and prepare for yourself.

I think there are great resources on these threads @appstatus! I believe @PPofEngrDr may have addressed your question a few posts ago! GL:)

Congratulations @rbmed18! Very happy for you and your DD. 1st acceptance in the group!
Tx for sharing. This creates a positive vibe :slight_smile:

Did anyone get an NJMS invite?

@Rghanem Not yet. Still waiting. Which feeder school are you applying through?

Anyone received Hofstra invitations after Tuesday?

Thank you for creating the new thread @GoldenRock. I will post when DD receives decision from all schools of her choice. She wants to go to UG school in a traditional path and has applied to only 2 schools for direct bsmd programs.

@JKNietzsche I applied through Rutgers.

@JonasSalk No :(. I was hoping for one