Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

You are welcome. We loved our visit

1 Like

Thank you

Welcome. Good luck. My older son is now a junior at OSU and LOVES it.

I know this year is not typical at all. But just for comparison purposes, my older son had a 1360 SAT and 3.7 GPA. Same high school and someHe as also a direct admit to Fisher but was not accepted into the honors program nor was he given any merit $$s.

1 Like

From what I gather, Maximus, Provost and as of today Trustee scholarships have for the most part all been awarded. So at this point we’re now just praying for regular Buckeye (despite having stats that seemed to qualify for Provost).

Question - how does OSU notify OOS recipients for basic Buckeye merit? Will they receive a separate notification or will this just be included in the financial aid/cost of attendance letter that is coming out early March? Is it possible we will hear nothing until then?

1 Like

@giaclub I expect it will be the same format as all the others. That’s how it was in years past.

Thank You. I called Admissions today and they said no merit has been awarded yet
 with only one week left is there any reason to keep hope alive?

Do you have to enroll/pay the $100 to be looked at for any merit $? I haven’t don’t that yet. I am almost sure this is where I will go, but I have some other schools still. Should I pay the $100 and get on the housing list and stuff? I cannot say for certain without the financial aid picture. Should I do the acceptance fee? How do I do it?

I looked and I qualify for merit money but have not been awarded any. How does the college pick who gets merit money?

There is something you can fill out that will estimate your award?

Has anyone heard of someone who applied test optional being granted an award yet?

Has anyone heard of a student being offered just the buckeye without being combined with another merit award

1 Like

@Bigehrlich Yes, that is absolutely possible to just get Buckeye and we know a few people who were TO and got Buckeye plus Provost (2k).

@ehk123 Putting a deposit down didn’t work for my son a few years ago. With a 32 on his ACT, leadership and a rigorous transcript, he did not receive a dime.

I have no idea how they pick who gets merit. Maybe a game of darts?

@Jen136 I used the OSU website Net Price Calculator which showed my daughter is eligible for the National Buckeye. But we haven’t seen anything yet and losing hope that we will. :frowning:

I applied TO and got Buckeye and Maximus. It’s possible. Good luck to all of you guys! I know the wait is painful.

1 Like

You don’t need to pay the enrollment fee to be considered for merit.

Don’t worry about paying the enrollment fee for getting on campus housing sooner than you are ready to commit, because there is plenty. The deadline is May 1. I wouldn’t wait until the last moment, but you’ll have your financial aid package by end of March, so plenty of time to consider your college options.

1 Like

TO? Whats that one?

TO meaning test optional

1 Like

Ethan, good for you! may I ask what your major is? I wonder if field of study is part of the review

So based on the responses they have not given awards yet to anyone that are only receiving the buckeye? Everyone still waiting? My daughter applied test option. 93GPA and its crickets.