Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

We are in the same boat. OOS NY - Top 5% in competitive school. Daughter received zero merit, zero financial aid, zero grants.
It truly stinks because I have a sophomore at OSU and so we were absolutely convinced we would receive Buckeye at a minimum.
Still in state of shock and trying to wrap my head around paying full sticker price. Its hard to justify since my daughter received scholarship from every other school, exactly as expected. OSU is the only one that offered zero. Despite that, we are still leaning towards attending because it remains her first choice. Crazy right??
I have read here many times that calling Financial Aid office will not make a difference . All decisions are final. Does anybody here think otherwise???

Well, OSU was my first choice. However, I have great offers at comparable schools, which is why today was shocking. I was hoping that OSU would match their competitors but now I think I am going to have to consider the other offers. OSU offered the exact program I wanted and they are like the only one who has it. I was convinced that I had the Buckeye scholarship but unfortunately they left me cold turkey. Just the worst news, but I will move onto another school.

Did your OOS OSU Sophomore receive any grants or just the Buckeye?

we didn’t just the loan. It was what I expected

I would absolutely do the same if this was my first child. The only reason we’re still considering OSU is so my kids can be together

1 Like

@OSU95 yes my sophomore received Buckeye plus provost 

Its a desirable state school, there are people willing to pay full cost. Very similar at many of the flagship state schools, expecially big 10 schools. I think they are worth the cost, but not sure we are willing or able, but I have no concern, someone behind my daughter is willing and able.

Wow - was there a big difference in their stats? I would have expected some sort of aid for having 2 kids at the same college.

Daughter #2 had higher GPA than daughter #1! But we did not submit SAT score, and I think that really hurt

Oh, that might’ve been it. I did not submit scores out of fear. However, my GPA is 100.235/100, 11 Dual Enrollments, 9 APs, etc. I would pay the full out-of-state price if I wasn’t a brother of a student going to college in two years. Additionally, I am going for 7 years for Pharmacy which adds up (46,000 x 7 is just too much). I think admissions this year were incredibly competitive but I don’t know why that means our class has to suffer the consequences. I honestly don’t know how my stats could’ve been higher, I was top 2% of my class, etc. I really wish this wasn’t the final decision, just feels wrong :frowning:

@Alexmcq8 - Your stats are tremendous. What a shame to not be rewarded for all your hard work. I agree - it feels wrong!

1 Like

I’m sure they won’t admit it but I imagine they passed over people they thought were using OSU as a safety because their stats were so high.

1 Like

My son is in the EXACT same spot. Trust me I feel your pain. Very similar stats

1 Like

Don’t question yourself. You’ve done everything right. Wherever you ultimately choose to study, you will have a very bright future ahead!

1 Like

You are all very sweet. I appreciate your kind words. I never realized how unpredictable this process is but thankfully we are all not alone through it. I wish you all the best of luck on your college search.

2 Likes

Crazy that they sent a post card telling your package would be coming soon and it was only loan information-no merit!

It’s okay. We were hoping for a little something, but at the end of the day my son will end up exactly where he is meant to be. Fortunately he does have other options.

1 Like

Did anyone that was deferred hear back today?

No nothing.

Nothing