Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

Is it possible to get a Morrill scholaship after receiving a financial award package? Are they two seperate things?

1 Like

So curious. We are OOS, got denied for honors but then got buckeye and maximus award - 4,000 per year (which is a little more than provost award I believe??). Hmmmm
I would think Honors and merit were based on the same thing. really bummed about not getting honors.

Should I be worried if I haven’t heard from honors yet? I got the Morrill scholarship but have heard nothing about the honors program

You can always apply to honors once there, no problem. But the money is a big deal! Congrats.

I assumed they would be co-related too. Though Congrats on your award!!
As many said, this year with the whole COVID and Test-opt situation, it has been really whacky trying to predict anything.
Will be glad when this is all over
 I’m sure all of ours will end up in the right places for their future!!

It appears that some Engineering merit scholarships have been added to financial aid. The one appearing I technically applied to on ScholarshipUniverse, but I don’t see anything there.

Thanks for posting this observation. Son went to portal and found a scholarship that wasn’t previously listed. So there must be some continued updating?

1 Like

OOS
International (India)
CS
Maximus - 3000
National Buckeye Scholar - 13.5k
5.5 loan
This is my fin aid.

1 Like

My daughter cannot her into the Financial Aid portal. Is anyone else having an issue logging in?

Oops - I just reread what I wrote and I cannot edit (or delete) my post to fix.

My daughter cannot log in to her Financial Aid account, is anyone else having this issue?

Buckeyelink goes down every Sunday morning.

Ohh. Okay. Thank you. We’ll check back later. Is it for a few hours?

I got honors but no money (OOS) so i don’t think they are co-related.

That is SO strange to me. Good to know.

Any information on OSU releasing more decisions this week?

No idea hopefully deferred student will hear sooner than later, been almost 3 months

My Daughter and I visited Columbus and walked around the periphery of the campus this past couple of days. Very excited and happy with the overall experience. Looking to make a decision in next few days. Looks like Buckeyes will be in our future. So blessed. :pray:

3 Likes

Does anyone know if deferred decisions are coming out every friday or if it is random? Im anxious I wont get in. My act is a 29 and I applied for zoology/art major (I have a very strong art portfolio) with pre vet track. My gpa is 3.7/4 and I do a lot of extracurriculars

Our college counselor said today that deferred decisions should be soon- maybe this Friday or next! Fingers crossed

1 Like

Please post if you find out either way this Friday
 all the deferrals are on the edge of our seats

1 Like