Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

Im confued why regular descions already know… doesnt seem fair. applying rd would have been better

are they allowing admitted students to just walk around campus to tour it? not like an official visit

My son did apply RD and hasn’t heard back. So not sure it was necessarily a better option.

RD/Defferals either came out on 2/19 or will come out on friday. completely random

There officially decision day for RD is March 26.

Where did you hear that? I called the admission office today and they said “they are running behind on application reviews” and to expect decisions on 4/2.

Sorry wrong thread. My apologies!

Can someone tell me about the housing for Freshman? is it first come first serve? do i need to rush to put down a deposit or do we have time?

Timely question! So, the send an email to your kid’s Buckeye email with all that housing and meal plan info. We are still waiting. They evidently send it in order of when you accepted and paid the fee. Makes me worried we will get shite choices, but I guess its more complicated than that. Haha…short answer is that it is NOT too late at all. Its all an order thing and to be honest I think all the remote working still going s slowing things down and mucking things up-hence the above delays in deferred admissions decisions. We accepted an paid on 2/13 even though he was accepted on 12/11. We were in a a sports recruiting process so it was as simple as “He is in!! Hit accept.” We had to wait on the hope he got recruited…and he did. The night he accepted the offer is the night we paid the $100 and accepted admission. When we get the email, I will let this thread know.

Still waiting for a decision here… imagine what my son’s pick will be should he go here…

I am not sure how they assign housing. All he cares about is having a/c!

3 Likes

Mine is in an old dorm this year (like at least 80 years old) with no AC. It’s been fine and he’s had a blast. Just need some strategically placed fans and an open window!

1 Like

My son paid before a classmate. In fact, we told the classmate to pay to get in line for housing. His buddy has received his housing app already and my son hasn’t. Go figure!

Its a Rubik’s Cube with all side the same color. No right or wrong answer. I did the rates shot up pretty good for the TG21!! So did the meal plans!

Has anyone admitted early action heard from the honors college recently? I’m not really willing to attend if I don’t get into the honors college…

most people should have heard back from honors if they applied ea

Do they send rejection emails? I have not heard anything. I received the Morrill scholarship so I would think I would have a good chance with being admitted to honors…

I got in EA and got into honors on Jan 15. If you haven’t heard by now, definitely email them.

1 Like

I have heard that they do send emails even if it is a rejection. I got in to honors in February so hopefully you hear back soon!

On the website it says all honors decisions will be sent by mid April, so there’s no need to be concerned.