Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

Still deciding? Or revved up and can hardly wait for Fall? Check out buckeyes_photo on instagram (a current student) who has great photos of campus.

When do we hear back from learning communities?

The 29th/30th of April

My son received an email about the BHLC earlier today.

Hi my son’s portal still indicates that he is waitlisted but he received an acceptance to an LLC yesterday. Has anyone else had this experience?

@user_736293 My son was between Bing SOM & OSU decided to go with Binghamton (he is a junior there and loves it). He is planning on staying for graduate school. He liked the smaller size and being closer to home.

My HS senior daughter decided on OSU and said she’s confident she’ll figure out how to navigate a large campus with no issue. :slight_smile: :grinning:

@Daisylili I am glad to hear that about your nephew. My son is a junior in Binghamton SOM and also planning on staying for his Master’s in Accounting.

Does anyone know when in August orientation is held? Is it in early August or in the middle of the month?

Orientation is online and has different dates for different people. Go on your admissions portal and you should see a section about scheduling orientation if you haven’t done that already. If you’ve already scheduled orientation, you’ll find your dates on the portal. If you are asking about move in and start of classes/welcome week, then that will be starting on August 21st with classes beginning the 24th.

Has anyone received the Buckeye Scholarship without submitting test scores? My GPA and class rank qualify.

No i submitted my test score. I think the hurdle is higher if you dont submit it.

Hi just wondering my daughter go into newark after deffering from Main campus.Do they offer scholarships still.Please advise.
Thank you

What is distinction? Apologies, newbie

H0llyw00d

Curious to know how your daughter is doing at OSU as my senior daughter is also trying to decide between Binghamton SOM and OSU. Is she In Fisher? How does she like it?

My daughter was accepted to Binghamton SOM but chose OSU Fisher. She is now a sophomore studying Accounting and getting a minor in public policy. She chose OSU for the campus feel, being close to a city and the school spirit. OSU did a great job staying open through the pandemic and she has been having a normal sophomore year especially since they were able to institute the vaccine mandate. Almost all of her classes are in person. The recruiting department did a great job with fairs and the reputation of OSU led to many interviews and she had multiple offers for summer internships (both in NYC and Ohio). She was also able to get a pre-internship with another firm that guarantees her a summer internship for 2023! Additionally, she has a job during the Spring semester to do audit work for a local firm. Overall, she is enjoying the classes, feels good about her opportunities and is enjoying making friends.

1 Like

Binghamton ?