Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

No, he did not commit yet. Before applying, he had attended one Ohio State admissions session. HTH. Keeping fingers crossed that you guys hear soon. Please post an update once you do.

It is definitely in his top 3 for sure. Just needs a little more scholarship if possible, to make it happen. I should have him check out Scholarship Universe too.

I certainly will. He didnā€™t apply Morrill or Eminence but was hoping (and expecting) Buckeye and hopefully Provost as well as financial aid. His GPA is 4.0 UW and over 4.6W. No test scores and 9 APs and tons of ECs and leadership. Fingers crossed

We did Scholarship Universe. There were a ton on there so hopefully he can pick one up. Is he doing Honors or Scholars? Trust me there is stuff on Scholarship Universe for everyone. My son actually came in the room and asked me if either me or his dad were ever an organ donor or recipient. I laughed and told him he was nuts

Lol, now I know what you mean by scholarships for everyone. Has he applied for any Alumni based Scholarships yet? We received one for our state by email and he just applied to that as well. Heā€™s gotten into Honors. Will have him check out more if he can. Heā€™s a little weary with the process and ready to be done with it all.

i know everyone is waiting on scholarships and what not but is there anyone else still waiting on a decision? lol iā€™m starting to think osu just forgot about me

1 Like

omg same

There were a few people waiting but they contacted the AO and got the answer a few days late.

they told me i would get it this week but iā€™m still worriedā€¦ hopefully it comes tomorrow

also still waiting. Application was in for EA deadline but SAT scores arrived 2 days late. AO said decision was pushed to RD.

The OSU regional campuses are not community colleges. However, they are often located adjacent to technical or community colleges. It is possible to complete some Bachelorā€™s Degrees at a regional campus. For example, the Marion campus is adjacent to Marion Technical College which offers a registered nursing program and students can transfer to OSU Marion for their RN to BSN program.

https://osumarion.osu.edu/academics/majors-temp.html

The really nice aspect with regional campuses is that the classes are small. The faculty member lectures, runs the recitation session, labs, grades the exams, etc. They also have undergraduate research opportunities. The degree granting institution is The Ohio State University. They are held to the same academic standards no matter what location the classes are taught. It can certainly be less socially distracting and easier to focus on academics at a smaller quieter campus, but the content of the courses is the same.

got deferred today. i will have to commute to newark now which is an hour away from me. yipee

Some guidance counselor are way more trouble than value. I would have my parents complain: that could have sunk you.

Arenā€™t you able to live on campus at Newark?

Most of the regional campuses have dorms or university apartments. Marion does not, but there is a student housing apartment complex that isnā€™t owned by the university in walking distance of that campus.

I think the Newark dorms fill up quickly because that is a very popular campus.

If you got deferred, why do you have to commute to Newark? Isnā€™t there still a chance you can get into main?

i wish i could but my parents are helping me pay for college and they wonā€™t if i move out lol

yeah thereā€™s still a chance, iā€™m hoping for the best but my stats arenā€™t that great so iā€™m preparing myself just in case i end up having to go to newark.

Also still waiting here too.

Youā€™re not the only one! Still Evaluation here.