Ohio State Class of 2026 Admission

Congrats! My son was accepted but we are looking to find an email. Where was this email sent? (personal email, osu dot email?). Thanks!

1 Like

Common app email address.

1 Like

Thats weird I didn’t get that

3 Likes

My student hasn’t got an email either.

2 Likes

looks like some of the “schools” there were zero admittance, wondering if they did the first wave by “school”

If I’m reading it correctly, the report above only includes 57 new admittances because it was generated 12/5/21 before the first wave on 12/10. Maybe today’s report will have the first wave included and might reveal some trends? Definitely unclear how they determine when they admit certain applicants.

Congrats to all accepted and good luck to those still waiting!

One thing often forgotten during admission cycles is that colleges don’t order everyone’s stats from top to bottom and then draw a cutoff line for how many spots they have and everyone above that line gets in, imagine it more like the carnival game where the fishbowls are lined up and each one has a different color and you toss the ping pong balls. Certainly the one in the middle is the easier one to fill but eventually that one is full and no matter how good your toss, there is no room left in that bowl and so the ball is not going in. Colleges are filling demographic buckets much like those fishbowls so your daughter’s friend might be in a different bucket than your daughter.

2 Likes

I’m confused by the Nursing and Pre-Nursing. It appears 19 students were admitted directly into Nursing last year, I didn’t think OSU was DA for Nursing, meaning they don’t apply to Nursing until the end of first year (and then only about half are admitted).

It looks like they are still rolling decisions out. A friend of mine did not find out on Friday but checked this morning and was admitted.

1 Like

Correct. This shouldn’t have any meaningful data until todays report

1 Like

That would have been 19 as of the same date last year. I’m not sure how Nursing admissions works, but perhaps todays report will provide some clarity

Still, Monday morning and no email has came through. All the other colleges I got into, I received an email first and then the portal was updated.

Did they check over the weekend? Maybe it was late Friday night? i dont think anyone has heard anything since Friday

I texted her late Friday night and she still had gotten no response. Nothing was there on Saturday either. She suspects it came in late last night (Sunday) and she saw it early this morning.

1 Like

Son checked his portal early evening yesterday and was admitted. (Still “evaluated” on Friday night.) Received email late last night. OOS, Engineering.

2 Likes

That’s a great analogy! Thanks for the feedback. I haven’t forgotten the importance of the demographic buckets, but that’s not the case here. The demographics are exactly the same.
The only difference is that one student has a rigorous, high achieving transcript and submitted scores (application still in evaluation), and the other has a lower gpa with standard level courses and submitted a month later test optional (accepted). Probably just random, and it’s early yet, so we will see what happens. It just makes me think that test optional was the way to go for my daughter. Hindsight is 20/20!

Can some please share the stats collected this morning that shows the breakdown of student admitted on Friday.

Update: I have received my email! Good luck to all those who have applied!!

3 Likes

OOS daughter admitted.
SAT: 1390
11 AP’s
4.0 unweighted GPA

3 Likes

when did you get the results?

1 Like