Ohio State Class of 2026 Admission

Yes that’s the way I would read it.

Wow so, if I’m reading this correctly, the overall number of applicants went up since last year. Everyone wants to be a Buckeye =D

Hi. Im confused. What is Autumn 2022? Is that our current applicant pool?

probably more than 8-10k based on the 50% acceptance rate and what they accepted the past two years. Attached is the final 2021 report and there were 63,138 applications in Fall 2021 (as of 9/20/21), but as of this time last year (12/20/20) there were 49,472 applications…or 78% of the total applications…so…that might imply a total of almost 70k applications this year, assuming only 78% of the way there now. I’d assume they’d target 33k acceptances like 20 and 21 unless they expect the yield to be lower, then perhaps more than 33k…so they may accept another 18k…but what do I know!

1 Like

Yes, students applying/being accepted now start college in Autumn, 2022.

This is indeed the yield forecast magic that they need to do. Application counts appear to be up everywhere (the “acceptance rates are down, so I need to apply to more schools” spiral), certainly growing faster than the high school graduate population, so overall yields will be down.

But every school will vary. We’ve seen school like Purdue, among others, forecast lower yields and end up with enrollments up 10% from the previous year, stressing housing capacity.

For what it’s worth. My Buckeye son was admitted on 12/11 last year, received Honors acceptance on 12/20 and received merit info on 2/5. Congrats and good luck to everyone this year, I have this year off and will be back on this coaster next year with my daughter. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am confused as well… in the College my daughter applied to, it already shows more admitted than last year… so does that mean all those kids have been notified, or will that include the second wave of EA?

all those admitted would have been notified, but those numbers are only compared to this time last year…not total admitted to that school for the year. So, every school will probably see twice as many admitted or more than what is admitted now.

1 Like

Thanks, I was wondering when they normally give out merit scholarships.

1 Like

Everyone admitted on the 12/10 date has been notified. There are two more acceptance dates - second EA and RD.

Last year, over 33k total were accepted, with under 14k admitted in this first wave. (See posts 224 and 216 for specific numbers by program).

So likely well under half the total admits know as of now.

Is there really not going to be any decisions again until 1/21? Has anyone heard otherwise?

1 Like

I heard that they are releasing batches between the two given dates. My English teacher said that OSU is notorious for releasing small batches each week.

4 Likes

can someone explain? there were 54k applicants so far, not counting the regular decision pool? there were 63k total applicants in 2021–does this mean they should be expecting a huge increase in applicants again??

1 Like

Last year, 49.5k of the 63k applied by now. Assuming the same ratio, the 54.3k to date would yield slightly over 69k total.

Students seem to be migrating more towards early applications, so it might be slightly lower. But I suspect it will be in the uppers 60s to low 70s, up about 10%.

4 Likes

What stats typically get you admitted? Do they look at weighted more?

We are also waiting for OSU as my son applied on Nov 1st.

Section C of the CDS is probably the best data you will find.

Interesting. Is this report available at other schools?

Yes, look up the common data set. :wink: