Ohio State Class of 2026 Admission

Looks like being waitlisted = not getting in. Zero got in from the waitlist according to this data.

waitlist admittance depends upon the year - there’s definitely hope for anyone waitlisted in any given year.

Are you using “waitlist” synonymously with Deferred?

1 Like

Yes, note that waitlist if very different than deferred.

Deferred students are simply re-evaluated with the Regular Decision class. Schools way want to be sure they don’t overextend offers in ED, setting the bar a bit higher than anticipated with RD. Many EA deferred students are admitted RD.

Waitlist is after all admissions decisions are complete, and, as the name implies, is only offered if fewer than expected students accept their offers and the enrolled class is smaller than expected. This varies by school, can often be zero, and rarely is very large.

I’ve never seen Waitlist as an outcome of an early decision process. .

Yes, with few exception (Chicago, Columbia, Johns Hopkins among them, who apparently think they’re special), it’s available for all schools. Just search “school name Common Data Set”

1 Like

Exactly - that’s the point I was trying to make sure was being conveyed.

My daughter’s boyfriend was waitlisted last year and then got in before May 1st. He’s also out of state and loving OSU.

1 Like

Waitlist can be a hit or miss. From last years cds:

My daughter was accepted. Does anyone know when we may get notified of any aid and/or honors college acceptances?

2 Likes

Honors process:

https://honors-scholars.osu.edu/honors/apply

1 Like

I didn’t get my Ohio State decision yet. Does this mean something?

No. Second wave of decisions Is Jan 21, I believe.

When and how do we learn about any merit aid awarded??

There may be some incremental acceptances each Friday until 1/21
I think they might have done that in the past. We’ll find out on the admission report next week
or if people post here.

I think I saw that last year people heard like 1st or 2nd week of Feb

Does OSU care about demonstrated interest at all?

My son got admitted to OSU and we just got the letter in the mail. He applied as a business major. Neither the email or letter says anything about Fisher. Is it safe to assume that he got admitted to OSU but we still need to wait for the decision from Fisher?

1 Like

According to their CDS, no, they don’t.

C7.

neither did my daughter’s but it says business in the portal:

Found this
they likely accept less this year
stated normalized enrollment goal is 7700-7800. Last year was 8600, so perhaps they only accept 30-31k instead of 33k. So, if apps are 70k, the acceptance rate may drop to 44-45%.