Ohio State Class of 2026 Admission

Is it definitely true that the group that received EA decisions on 12/10 and the rest who will receive theirs on Friday are relatively random? Not just the highest stat applicants heard first? There were significant rejections and deferrals?

I definitely think it is completely random. I know of multiple people who have lower stats and have heard but I still have not heard yet.

2 Likes

I know someone who was admitted in December with a 3.7 gpa, no AP or honors classes, test optional. Others with transcripts full of honors and AP classes, GPAs well over 4.0, and test scores 1300+ are still waiting. Seems random to me, but who knows what they are looking at? Maybe they were impressed with that applicantā€™s volunteer hours or something.

1 Like

Definitely seems random. Know of several from my sonā€™s class that heard and several that havenā€™t. I know a couple got deferred, a couple got rejected. Leads me to believe it was random. Itā€™s his #1ā€“Jan 21st is fully etched in our brains!!! And the way the acceptances/rejections have been going this year, there is really know way to know how it is going to goā€¦

2 Likes

My DD applied as a business major, which I understand is more competitive than liberal arts undecided. Does anyone know if she isnā€™t accepted for business, will she be automatically considered for undecided?

Interview or email to schedule an interview in February?

Son got an email on 01/11 to schedule an interview and 01/17 got confirmation email with the interview date in Fabruary.

What are they being interviewed for? First time applicant to OSU

1 Like

This interview is only for some Biomedical Science major applicants.

2 Likes

My son was accepted DA to Fisher but I believe if a student does not get DA to the school they wanted, they would be accepted into Liberal Arts and then can apply to the b school after freshman year. Not 100 percent though, but thatā€™s what our college advisor told us in the event that happened to our son

Iā€™ve got twins. OOS. One accepted in December, 1430 SAT. One waiting on the 21st, 1310 SAT. :pray:

2 Likes

In state! Same here! One was accepted to FYE and Scholars and we are waiting patiently until Fri for other! Good luckā€™

2 Likes

Curious, what is FYE?

First Year Engineering

How competitive is FYE compared to other schools/majors?

Engineering and Business are top 30 programs and quite competitive. I do not know about the other schools.

1 Like

What time are decisions released tomorrow?

1 Like

On December 10th, they started releasing results in the early afternoon and results were released all through the evening into the night.

1 Like

My son heard in the first round in December about mid afternoon while he was in school

2 Likes

Do they release decisions via email or portal change?