Ohio State Class of 2026 Admission

What were the stats

My daughter’s friend was deferred. In state. Still no decision for my daughter.

DD checked portal roughly 10 hours ago (“evaluation”). Went about her school day, swim practice and cheered a varsity basketball game. Decided to check her portal for only the second time today (10 hours later) and it was changed to accepted main campus! Instate, UW GPA: 4.0, ranking: 1st (but a very small class of about 25), ACT: 29, a few AP and CCP classes, lots of extracurriculars and service/volunteer hours. Major: Data Analytics, College of Arts & Sciences.
Congrats to all who have been accepted and hang in there/keep the faith to those who have yet to hear.

3 Likes

Does anyone know why they release EA’s on two different dates?
It is random, computer generated?
My daughter submitted her application in Sept and some of her classmates who submitted in October heard. Just curious how this process works. We checked the portal all day. Assuming no more released decisions in this wave.

What are your daughter’s stats?

Just checked the portal and my student is in! Wondering when they announce scholarships

2 Likes

Any idea why they don’t release all the decisions in one day? Is there a reason why some hear on 12/10 and others hear on 1/21?

Do u know if your deferred can you still get scholarship money?!

1 Like

curious, did you check your portal yesterday? Decisions came out yesterday
wondering why you heard today?

any idea why they do the releases in two waves?

I didn’t check portal yesterday. I read posts about admission here this morning and went to check the portal.

if you were deferred, it would have updated your status. your decision will get released in the next wave

would you know why they release the decisions in two batches? is there any indication of “status” if you don’t hear on 12/10?

OK, your status was posted yesterday then

would you have any idea why they release decisions in two batches? Is there any indication of "student stats’ that hear in Dec vs. Jan?

1 Like

They say it’s completely random.No reason in particular.

1 Like

That’s what my son was told when he called the Admissions office earlier this week with a couple of questions.

thanks for the info. If all decisions have been made, wonder why they don’t release all of them on one date?

S22 got email this morning from OSU admissions congratulating him on his admission. College of Engineering/Industrial & Systems Engineering.

email? did you check your portal yesterday?..decisions were not by email