Ohio State Class of 2026 Admission

No, he was busy last night and forgot that OSU was going to announce decisions yesterday. But he did get an email from OSU admissions at 3 AM this morning.

Haven’t heard of anyone getting an email
hmm
did he check his portal, did the status change from evaluation to admitted?

I’d already checked the portal yesterday, but I did get a “You have been admitted” email today.

1 Like

Yep

Yes, status had changed to ‘Admitted’ in portal.

Does anyone know when the honor program and scholarship information will be coming out? Or you will have to accept first to get in those? Thanks!

If you don’t hear by the first wave does it mean they are on the fence about you and need more time to evaluate you? I don’t understand why two dates
thanks!

that is my question as well?

from this thread, people have said it is random and has no indication of your student’s stats. I agree, not sure why the two dates. some of my daughter’s classmates heard and they were deferred so do not believe they are on the fence

This is what i think.

They divide the applications into two. Finish one by Dec 10 and other half by Jan 20. Nobody knows if any criteria is used to divide. I would expect people who applied early, way before the deadline to hear by Dec 10, but based on feedback from previous years it seems random.

My daughter submitted her application beginning of Sept. Three of her classmates applied mid October and they all heard. Seems random. Curious to know if they already made decisions for Jan release or haven’t reviewed applications yet. makes no sense.

any idea why they release in two different batches? does it mean the students who don’t hear in Dec, their applications have not yet been reviewed?

Some people say that OSU releases the decisions every Friday until late January. Is it wrong, then?

Alphabetical order perhaps?? Purely SPECULATION lol but my DS knows 5 people who heard yesterday and their last names start with C, J, K, Ma and Me :rofl:

K last name here and my son is still marked as Evaluation. Same with a friend who is an H. I think it’s completely random.

Ahh welp there goes my theory :laughing:

Yes, I think it’s random too. I am wondering if they even reviewed the applications for Jan release date yet?

I know it has just two dates listed, but when my D20 applied, this is what I recall
weekly releases on Fridays. My daughter spent several Friday’s in a row checking/waiting!

1 Like

really? On the website it says release dates dec 10 and Jan 21

Yes, that’s why I said: “I I know it has just two dates listed, but
”. The process could have changed, but that’s what happened for my D20 and years prior to 20 it was similar as posters included reports for weekly admits