Ohio State University Early Action For Fall 2024 Admission

Thanks! ACT showed up as complete this morning. Transcript still shows as Incomplete but I can see it was downloaded looking at Common App.

DD transcript still show incomplete after a week. I think it says it could take up to 10 days to match?

If it was sent through an electronic service (SCOIR, Naviance, Parchment), you shouldn’t worry. It will match. Ohio State is a bit slow to confirm receipt.

My son applied early action through the common app by the deadline but failed to request his transcript in time- will that affect his early action status?

Correct. Plenty of scholarships but not a lot of $$$f or merit for in state. D21 (NM finalist/4.0 UW/ 35 ACT,)was offered less than $2k. She went elsewhere. Current D applied but we’re not expecting anything more.

When OSU will start announcing their decisions for EA, is it on Dec 8th?, it used to be Mid-Nov Thanks in advance

Website says Dec 8 and Jan 19. I have heard it is random - nothing to read into getting in on the earlier date.

1 Like

i hear EA letters coming out 12/8. fact or fiction?

Yes - Dec 8 is first round

Do they include merit with acceptance?

I don’t believe so based on last year’s thread

1 Like

No. Acceptance was in early December. Merit letter came in February.

1 Like

Notifications are in the portal on December 8 or January 19, regardless of residency or date of application.

1 Like

Just received a postcard in the mail, reminding us of the decision dates of Dec 8th and Jan 19th. It also says not to worry if you don’t hear in December

as if that postcard is going to make those that don’t hear on 12/8 not wonder why they weren’t in the first release.

what a mind game this all is. I miss the snail mail decision days of the 90s
when I called home from the mall (payphone ofc) to let my parents know where I was off to next and my dad was like come home “it came” and I just let him open the envelope with me on the phone. <3

2 Likes

Does Ohio State require a separate application (i.e., request review) as the Kelley business school at IU?

no they do not

2 Likes

Good luck to everyone who receives a decision on the 8th. We’re excited as Ohio state is a top choice for my son

4 Likes