Ohio State v. U Miami

<p>Besides weather (the winner is obvious) what would u guys say makes Miami better?
They r gonna be about the same price for me since im pretty sure ill get 3/4 tuition and I'm leaning toward Miami. I'm not sure what i'll be majoring in but ill definately be going to graduate school or law school.</p>

<p>OSU seems a lot more economically diverse but Miami seems much more fun. Miami has awesome atheltics but i'd have to say OSU definately has an edge. </p>

<p>what do u guys think?</p>

<p>Go to UMiami! Besides all the fun you'll have, think about all the networking oppurtunities in Miami. That will help you down the road for jobs and such. Oh, maybe OSU is more economically diverse, UMiami is more diverse for sure in terms of race. Oh and apparently the campus is like a resort.</p>

<p>Miami's campus is a dump and the kids are for the most part, the same. You'll get plenty of networking opportunities at OSU. It's not in some podunk town. I'd go to OSU over Miami.</p>

<p>I am aware of both University of Miami, having gone there for law school and of OSU, since I lived in Columbus and took some courses there.</p>

<p>They have VERY different culture. OSU is that of a LARGE state school. It has a huge amount of majors but isn't that nurturing or personal. Miami is a lot smaller but also has a lot of majors. It is much more nurturing and not as impersonal at OSU. Both have very strong school spirit, although OSU with its bigger stadium and terrific marching band is a real joy to see.</p>

<p>I guess it depends on where you want to work. both have strong connections. OSU is very well connected if you want a job in Ohio. Miami is much better connected in Florida and probably in the east coast as a whole.</p>

<p>If cost isn't an issue due to scholarships, it will be tough decision. I liked them both. However, I strongly suggest that you visit each school and carefullly pay attention to their culture. OSU is a bit easier to get admitted to than Miami; thus, the lower end kid tends to be a bit sharper at Miami than that of OSU as does the average student. However, OSU, being the flagship state school of Ohio, does also get some really sharp kids too. Visit each school, especially in the winter.</p>