Older applicant transfer questions

<p>I am a white male who currently attends a community college in New Jersey. I am currently 23 and want to transfer in for the Spring 2014 semester, which I will be 24 by then. I transferred out of Monmouth since 1) I could not afford it anymore, and 2) my grades were poor. I took a break for a few years to work since I was undeclared. I graduated high school in 2008 with a 3.0 GPA and a 1550 on my SAT's. I know all these stats are too low for the U of M, but I am doing well in my classes at Bergen Community College for Accounting so far, and I was wondering a few things:</p>

<p>Should I retake the SAT?
Should I take the ACT?
What would I have to get my GPA up to at BCC for 3 semesters to have a realistic shot at getting accepted (I had 5 classes transferred from MU to BCC)?
How important will my GPA at Monmouth and in high school be to the people who evaluate the applications?</p>

<p>Be honest and explain your opinion if you think I can/can't get in. Thank you to the people who took the time to read this and let me know what they think :]</p>