Ole Miss Fall 24 Admissions

I know it is early but I wanted to start a thread to discuss admissions and important dates or activities that should be done after students are admitted. From what we have found so far, it looks like housing applications open on 9/1.

1 Like

S24 applying but using Common App and he is still working on it.

1 Like

S24 submitted Ole Miss application at the end of August (just transcript and scores) and was accepted about 2 weeks later. It’s very nice to have an early acceptance! Next he will apply for Honors College and possibly housing. We hear from current families that housing can be an issue.

1 Like

S24 applied 9/18- wondering when he will hear anything. He also has never visited so we want to get him there. But he plays football, so he is unable to travel until December so we will probably wait and go sometime in January or February.

1 Like

D24 applied over the summer. It took a couple of weeks after she got everything submitted. She has not visited yet. We are trying to determine if it would be best to wait for admitted students day or go this fall.

3 Likes

For those with an acceptance, did you receive an email telling you to check status, or get an email telling you that you were accepted. S24 checked status just now and it looks like everything is in and at the bottom it says “detailed information regarding your admission to the University of Mississippi will be mailed to you shortly”. Does not say “Admitted” anywhere though.

1 Like

My S24 received an email acceptance, and I think that was about 2 weeks after he applied. A few days later he received an acceptance letter in the mail.

1 Like

My D24 received an email and text message letting her know she was accepted. Like others have said she received the acceptance in the mail a few weeks later.

2 Likes

S24 applied 9/17 and still has not heard anything…hopefully soon. I know it has only been two weeks but I have heard others heard right around the 2 week mark.

Edited to add he just checked in the admission status and he was accepted! No email or anything yet, but status shows he was accepted for his major on 9/29.

2 Likes

My D24 applied July 1 and was accepted in 10 days! She was thrilled as this is one of her top schools!! Paid housing deposit but waiting on one other acceptance. Need $!!

2 Likes

Just curious…has anyone started the essay and personal statement required for competitive scholarships and admissions to the honors college? Although S24 is high stats, I’m not sure if honors college is right for him. He is a math/science kid and from what I can tell, honors colleges (not just at Ole Miss) seem very focused on writing and humanties. Does anyone have experience with a math/science student in an honors college ?

1 Like

If we see this at the bottom of the page “ Detailed information regarding your admission to The University of Mississippi will be mailed to you shortly.”, what does that mean?

My daughter filled it all out for scholarships and honors college. It was a lot of work! A lot of essays and manual entering of info. Done now and we wait. Waiting on one other school for her to make her final decision, but leaning towards Oxford:)

Also uploaded immunization form as it looks like Nov 6 opens for orientation dates and needed form to be approved to do so. We are 19 hours away! So want to get ahead of it.

On another note —anyone have a kid who wants to live in the quarters ??? Pool, fitness club on site :open_mouth: but a little farther from middle of campus.

Not sure. Did you receive an email from admissions ?? When my D24 was accepted she got an email. Then in the portal it said she was accepted for her major with info. Good luck wishing u the best!

1 Like

S24 had that exact wording as well and was admitted a few days later. His snail mail letter arrived a couple weeks later.

No email yet…

My son has not started yet. :worried: I need to have a conversation with him about which schools he’s seriously interested in and where he should focus his efforts. If I’m being honest, I think Ole Miss is mostly on the list due to the amount of merit money available for OOS kids (which is a decent reason in my book!). Otherwise, I’m not sure how much he really wants to attend. One of the things that is a negative in his mind is the dorm situation there. They are definitely not the nicest we’ve seen, and he does not want to get stuck in a traditional-style dorm. We did look online at the Quarters. It’s very nice, but neither he nor I like that fact that it’s not really on campus. For the first year at least, I want him to be central to everything with no commute.

1 Like

What does Detailed information regarding your admission to The University of Mississippi will be mailed to you shortly. mean? D24 getting nervous

How long ago did you apply?

When S24 got that message he was accepted a few days later.