Ole Miss similar to Bama?

<p>what did your son switch to after engineering at bama? My Son will likely be in same situation</p>

<p>*Can a student at Alabama apply for scholarships / honors colleges after enrolling. *</p>

<p>A student can apply to the HC after enrolling.</p>

<p>The big merit scholarships are only for incoming frosh.</p>

<p>Yes, he does have some Cs which is why I am not counting on finalist, even though his SAT was nearly 2300. On the other hand, maybe they take APs into account as well</p>

<p>First, ask the school if any C’s on AP grades can be changed IF he got a 4 or 5 on the exam. some schools will do that. My high school in Calif (an all-girls Catholic school) will change any lower AP grade to an A if the student gets a 5 on the exam and will change a C to a B for a 4. Others do this as well. </p>

<p>How many C’s will show up on the transcript? Transcripts don’t usually show quarter grades. My own kids’ high school’s transcript doesn’t even show semester grades…only “year end” grades. So, many kids who had a B or two as a semester grade, but had an A as a year-end grade, ended up with higher reporting GPAs.</p>

<p>Quote:</p>

<h2>They refer to Ole Miss as the Ivy of the SEC.</h2>

<p>I thought that honor went to Vanderbilt. </p>

<p>Yes, it is Vandy that is called the Ivy of the SEC. lol…only Ole Miss alums would fool themselves into thinking that their school tops Vandy.</p>

<p>what did your son switch to after engineering at bama? My Son will likely be in same situation</p>

<p>To whom are you asking this question?</p>

<p>Is your son a current eng’g student? What are his strengths? My older son changed from eng’g to math…which was his strength.</p>

<p>To Mom2collegekids</p>

<p>Unfortunately, they were semester grades, in fact if they had been on the progress reports we might have been able to head it off. His teacher graded everything all at once at the end, both semesters (same teacher). He did get a 4 on the AP in one and a 5 in another. It is possible there were more – I think there was another, but he probably did well on that AP as well, if so. I don’t think his counselor will change the grade but it is worth a shot to ask, I guess, since I plan to ask her to ‘weight it’ on the transcript along with the other one. However, I think she already sent in the National Merit stuff. My S had to send his part in weeks ago. She probably did stress the number of APs though.</p>

<p>In any event, it would impact everyone in his program if they changed grades for APs on the transcripts for individual grades, and I don’t really think they are likely to want to take that on. She MIGHT be willing to write the weighted grade for core courses in, however, for the scholarship part.</p>

<p>It’s a good idea, though.</p>