Ole Miss vs. Alabama vs. Clemson

<p>I am from California, and right now, these are my top three schools. I was wondering why I should choose one over the other? Thank you in advance!</p>

<p>What are you planning on majoring in?</p>

<p>It really depends on your major and interests. Without more information, it is difficult to answer your question.</p>

<p>UA is well known for its highly ranked Business, Communications, Arts, English, Chemistry, Pre Law, Pre Med, Accounting, and Public Relations programs. However, the Engineering College is making a major push for advancement. </p>

<p>By 2013, UA will have added almost 1,000,000 new square feet of space for its Science and Engineering programs. If you haven’t looked into this already, please visit the Engineering page at ua.edu, and click on buildings at the top for more info. The gorgeous Science and Engineering Complex will give UA facilities to match any in the entire nation. </p>

<p>Plus, due to UA’s amazing growth, despite rising admissions standards, it has been able to hire the cream of the crop new faculty while other schools are freezing hiring or laying off. </p>

<p>Have you visited any of the three campuses? They are each very beautiful places. Tuscaloosa is much bigger however, than Oxford and the location of Clemson. But it is still small enough to be charming.</p>

<p>We visited Clemson before visiting Bama. We really liked Clemson. When we visited Bama, we saw that it had much of what Clemson has plus a better city. Clemson is too rural, too limiting.</p>

<p>Is cost an issue? How much will your parents pay?</p>

<p>On other threads you express an interest in Poly Sci and Sociology. Those are fine majors at Bama.</p>

<p>*Competitive Private Catholic High School in California
UW GPA: 3.63
Weighted GPA:3.91
Approximate Class Rank: Top Quarter
By the time I graduate I’ll have taken 6 AP Classes (World History, Literature, Language, US History, Bio, Gov.)
Will have taken 5 years of math, 4 years of french
SAT Score: 1810 (I plan on retaking it)
ACT: Not taken
ECs: Lasallian Student Leader (Two years), Freshman Class Spirit Representative, Sophomore Class Spirit Representative, Community Service Chairwomen, Key Club, French Club, Varsity Cheerleader (Freshman and Sophomore), Private Competitive Cheerleader (Junior and Senior), 2 school musicals (Nationally ranking theatre department), National Honors Society member, California Scholarship Federation member, and 100+ hours of volunteer service. *</p>

<p>Bama is also generous with AP Credits.</p>

<p>Bama…nice place</p>

<p>Are you planning on going through recruitment? If so all three schools will need you to get recommendations for each of the sororities that participate in the formal recruitment process. Alabama and Clemson hold their recruitments in August. Ole Miss has a deferred recruitment, meaning that it will occur after school begins (this year it was Septermber 16-23rd). I will share that recruitment at all three schools is competitive (Alabama and Ole Miss more so than Clemson). You will be fine if you keep an open mind, maximize your options and have recommendations for each house…</p>

<p>There’s a lot of factors that go into a college decision: major choice, how much you can afford/any scholarships from any of those schools etc… As ahpimommy has sort of referenced, greek life is big at all 3 schools but especially more so at Alabama and Ole Miss as opposed to Clemson (about 20% of students join greek life at Clemson, 27% at Alabama, 34% at Ole Miss).</p>

<p>From someone who goes to Clemson’s perspective, Clemson has probably the best overall academic reputation out of the 3 but Alabama isn’t a bad school either (I probably wouldn’t go to Ole Miss - not even ranked among the top 50 public colleges…). We’re in a great small college town in upstate South Carolina and if you like the outdoors as opposed to living in a city, Clemson’s gonna be a good fit for you. We don’t have as good of a football program as Alabama obviously but we love our Tigers and football Saturdays are also big at Clemson too. We’re always ranked top 5 in the Princeton Review for Happiest Students and Best Career Services. As the saying goes at Clemson, there’s “something in these hills” that makes students love Clemson. For other Clemson rankings, check out: [Academic</a> Rankings : Clemson University](<a href=“http://www.clemson.edu/academics/rankings.html]Academic”>About | Clemson University, South Carolina)</p>

<p>That’s my mini pitch for Clemson. Let me know if you have any more questions about Clemson!</p>

<p>I think the student has a new list of schools and now Tulane is her first choice.</p>