On-Campus Food At Purdue

<p>I know this might sound really stupid, but one of the bigger factors for me in determining the college I will ultimately go to, is the on-campus food. It's just that I'm so stuck between a lot of schools, so I have to look beyond just the academics and athletics, etc.</p>

<p>ANYWAYS Princeton Review had Purdue's on-campus food #19 in the country!!!!
I am very very impressed, and I would like a student's point of view of how the food is?
Is there a wide variety? or is it in a small variety but everything is really good?
Is it the same schedule every week? or do they mix it up?
Just... what are your opinions on the food????
=D</p>

<p>I personally love the food here. You swipe your ID and you get access to different “stations,” basically creating a mega all you can eat buffet. We have 5 different dining halls which all have their own specialties (eg. Wiley’s bacon wrapped meats/pasta station or Earhart’s stir-fry). They probably serve the same food every three weeks or so, but there is so much variety that you can easily find something else to eat.</p>

<p>If you want to take a look at the menus for yourself, go here: [Purdue</a> University :: Housing and Food Services](<a href=“Menus - Purdue University”>Menus - Purdue University)</p>

<p>Purdue w/o a doubt has one of the best dining courts. They each have a specialty as boilermaker said. Like all dining courts the food is great for the first month or so but it becomes repetitive after a few months on dining court food. Just eat in small portions and try not to taste everything early on so you don’t get sick of the food too early, thats all I would do if I were you and a freshman again…</p>

<p>STV: You should consider the food before you submit the application or after you are admitted. This time is not good time to discuss the food :)</p>

<p>Is very good but its toward the end of the first semster and I’m getting really tired of it. That being said it is a lot better than the food I got back home.</p>

<p>I visited Purdue and dined in that underground dining hall complex. I must say it was quite pleasant. :-)</p>

<p>In my books:</p>

<p>public static void main(String args)
{
Purdue++;
}</p>

<p>:-)</p>

<p>Underground dining hall complex? You mean the basement of the PMU(Purdue Memorial Union)? Or do you mean Windsor Dining Court?</p>

<p>i think it was the basement of PMU.</p>

<p>The food there isn’t that great to be honest except for the smoothies. Scotty’s has better burgers than Pappy’s even though it’s a bit more expensive. The pizza usually is cold and I’d rather go to Bruno’s for their pizza and garlic balls. I’d rather also walk two streets down and get some Hot Box breadsticks or Einstein Bagels.</p>

<p>Purdue’s food is great, don’t worry.</p>