On-Campus Housing for Sophomores?

<p>My Daughter is interested in on-campus housing for her sophomore year. What are her options on campus and what are her chances of getting them. Also, can you recommend any particular off-campus options? Safety is number one!</p>

<p>Much thanks!</p>

<p>I think recontracting early helps one get on-campus housing for soph year. And, if you’re put on a waiting list, often you do get housing in the end.</p>

<p>For off campus…</p>

<p>The Retreat seems very safe.</p>

<p>Son and 4 friends just signed a lease for a 5 bedroom house at the Retreat for next year. They are very excited…M2ck, I think you said your daughter and friends are there for the 2nd year.</p>

<p>^^^^</p>

<p>Yes, my son and his friends will be there again next year. They love it there this year.</p>

<p>Is it difficult to get housing on campus sophomore year- especially the honors super suites?</p>

<p>it’s not difficult at all for the NMFs as long as they recontract. Your D is a likely NMF, right? Since housing scholarships are part of the pkg, Bama expects those kids to be on campus or at The Bluff.</p>

<p>For those who don’t have a housing scholarship, this year, housing indicated that returning honors students could get honors housing. Don’t remember if they were just talking about returning honors sophs, or all returning honors students.</p>

<p>^</p>

<p>What is “The Bluff”? Is it off-campus but covered by the scholarship package?</p>

<p>The Bluff is an off campus apt complex that is privately owned, but it has some kind of contract with Bama to provide some housing for Bama students with housing scholarships. Bama had a shortage a few years back and made this arrangement. The complex is nice and gated. It also has a Bama Crimson Ride bus to take kids to school. </p>

<p>The drawback is that it’s a 12 month contract so you do have to pay for summer.</p>

<p>The complex just built a pool and clubhouse and more units.</p>

<p>I don’t know how long Bama will continue to do this.</p>

<p>[The</a> Bluff at Waterworks Landing - Tuscaloosa, Alabama](<a href=“http://www.bluffatwaterworks.com/]The”>http://www.bluffatwaterworks.com/)</p>

<p>Haleysamjones- has your student applied for recontracting? If not, please recommend that she do this before Feb. 1! The only returning students who are considered for on-campus housing are the ones who complete the recontracting form. No money/deposit is due until we notify the students who will be returning next year.</p>

<p>Hope this helps!</p>