On Campus Housing Waitlist

My son just found out that on campus housing is under a waitlist! Does anyone have experience on the waitlist process? Is there a chance that a dorm room will open? When was the waitlist pool notified last year? When should I tell him that he should start to look for off campus rooms? July or wait until August? Thanks!

Last year, most of the wait listed housing applicants were notified the same day that the priority ones were notified, which was June 1.
I read in one of the threads that have moved down in the pages, where someone copied and pasted the info that all waitlisted students got on campus housing.
A friend of mine’s son received his Blinn Team decision in Mid February and was waitlisted for housing. Then as the weeks went by, his status went through a couple of upgraded stages. He got a room in one of the Commons dorms and was notified on the June 1 notification day.
Keep checking the housing portal weekly and he should keep checking his TAMU email for updates to his waitlist status.

The housing portal has changed this year and doesn’t really work correctly. It doesn’t actually show current status, it only shows the original contract you signed. I got an e-mail from someone in housing that said: “We are working on getting this resolved, but we have been told that it most likely will not be fixed until this summer.”

Only thing I can find on the housing portal is that deposit/app has been made and that the housing contact has been signed. Does this mean that my kid is no longer on the waitlist? Guess I will be on pins and needles until June 1st! Anyone else on the waitlist?