On-campus Parking

<p>I did not know about the deadline to apply for a parking permit, and so now I have to apply for the wait list on Aug 1st. If I don't get a permit by the time school starts, I'm quite frankly screwed. Does anyone know of any alternative parking options (preferably within reasonable proximity)?</p>

<p>Most “alternative” parking options are gonna be illegal or very inconvenient in nature. You’d probably be better off finding a bus route that would be able to pick you up and take you to campus. You could carpool with your room mate, or find someone who ordered a permit that doesn’t need it on facebook.</p>

<p>There Is a city garage in northgate near Traditions dorm. I don’t know how much it costs or how fast it fills up. You may try calling traditions, maybe they can give you further info as many of their residents park there if they don’t want to pay for traditions private garage. Otherwise, I too would suggest a bus route. Good luck.</p>

<p>honestly i wouldn’t stress about bringing a car. it is very expensive for how much you would be using it. i know there are a few guaranteed spots when they let you apply again on the 1st. I for one canceled my parking permit today and i had my first choice of southside garage (even after applying late). still i wish you good luck.</p>

<p>@Doro15–See about getting on a wait list for some sort of parking…as stated above, you may find that you only use your car on the weekends for awhile (plan to have everything you need before home game days so that you don’t have to get out in all the traffic). W/ wait lists, you may not know for awhile but at least, eventually, you might get something. Call the number of Transportation and see what they suggest.</p>