On Campus v. Off Campus dorms

<p>What are the advantages to on campus vs. off campus dorms? Is it safer to live on campus? Is there more partying in the off campus dorms? Are the off -campus dorms well maintained? Is it difficult to get to campus if you live in an off campus dorm? Are off campus dorms more expensive than on-campus dorms? Is it easier to meet people on campus? </p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Bump… 10 char</p>

<p>We selected an on campus dorm for my daughter because of cost and proximity to classes. </p>

<p>She has friends in off campus dorms. They have more space, but pay a much higher cost for the individual rooms and amenities. We just weren’t willing to pay the single room private dorm fees. Off campus dorms are mainly near bus stops or campus. Her friends don’t seem to have problems getting to campus. I don’t know about safety, but they seemed secure when we toured. Her friends have had no safety issues this year.</p>

<p>I think you can easily meet people in either off campus or on campus dorms. For us, price and convenience were the deciding factors.</p>

<p>Can anyone recommend some nice, not too expensive, off campus dorms?</p>

<p>The three main off campus dorms are Traditions, Callaway House, and Cambridge.</p>

<p>Traditions and Cambridge were a bit less than Callaway last year, but all three are fairly comparable prices when we visited last spring.</p>

<p>@TMD - thanks for the info.</p>

<p>there are no inexpensive off campus dorms.</p>