? On paying tuition

<p>Do most people pay bill by wiring money?</p>

<p>You can transfer the funds from your bank account. When paying online you supply them with your account and routing numbers. Simple but still painful!</p>

<p>We are paying from a college tuition fund we previously set up.We are having trouble figuring out how to wire the money.</p>

<p>Contact the fund… I have to move the money from my 529 to my checking account (online- easy - but takes a few days)… then online transfer from my checking acct to the school. You get used to it. A little more painful for me as I have two in college this year… but thank goodness for UM merit aid!</p>

<p>We are trying to wire money directly from Fidelity 529 to U Miami BOMA account. On another subject, do you know anything about a website for parents and how parents get access to their kids account? Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>mauswa: Our D had to give us delegate/proxy access to her account - she set this up through her CaneLink</p>

<p>That’s what we are trying to do, but our son hasn’t figured it out yet.</p>

<p>Have him call and get that done. When I called student accounts today about a tuition question, they would only talk to me because my son made me a delegate/proxy for his account.</p>

<p>We paid by credit card (different U), and then used funds from Coverdell account to pay tuition amount. Worked great and we got cash back for the charges and no additional fees.</p>

<p>Does the University have some type of message board like this for parents?</p>

<p>Yes. They have a Facebook group. I will send you a IM</p>

<p>We pay tuition by mailing a personal check. Student accounts provided the mailing address.</p>

<p>Thank you. We figured out how to wire the money, which we felt was a little safer.</p>