On (to) Wisconsin?

<p>One last time guys!</p>

<p>white, OOS (CA)</p>

<p>applying to Letters and Science</p>

<p>First SAT: 1940 W: 670 CR: 660 M: 610
Second SAT: have not received scores, but pretty sure they're over 2000
ACT: 29 (Eng:34, W: 32, M: 30, CR: 28, Sci: 25)</p>

<p>GPA: 3.97/4.0 UW, 4.17 W junior year GPA: 4.33, 4.5 (semester system)</p>

<p>Rank: 4/331 (school is not incredibly competitive, is overall somewhat economically disadvantaged)</p>

<p>APs: AP Euro (A/A): 3
AP English(A/A): 4
AP U.S.(A/A): 5
Honors Pre-Calc: (B/A)</p>

<p>senior yr. sched.:
-AP Economics, AP Calculus, Honors Phys., AP Govt, AP Lit and Comp.</p>

<p>ECs:
-NMS qualifier
-captain, varsity tennis and soccer
-all-league team, varsity tennis, soccer, and track
-founding member of 2 school clubs, including NHS and another one to help exploited children in Uganda and the Sudan, as well as the debate team
-President, CA Scholarship Federation (similar to NHS)
-through this I led collection drives for at-risk kids in 3 different countries...
-First alternate, CA Girls' State
-Presidential Classroom delegate, Georgetown University
-Participant, World Scholar-Athlete Games, captained soccer team
-did physical therapy internship
-worked as tutor for mentally handicapped teenager</p>

<p>CS: over 250 hours</p>

<p>Look good so far. May want to wait for new SAT score before submit. </p>

<p>If I were to read your file ... I would be more curious about what/who/how motivated you in the following initiatives and why UW?</p>

<p>"one to help exploited children in Uganda and the Sudan"
"led collection drives for at-risk kids in 3 different countries"</p>

<p>i can't see why you'd get denied</p>

<p>dallas: I explained both of those in my essay, actually. funny that you should mention it!</p>

<p>Thanks to both of you! any other thoughts?</p>

<p>vc08: Seem like you are a smart applicant. ;) Don't take the following advice wrong. As a precaution, get a few people to proof read your essays ... to make sure your stories come across as genuine instead of screaming "I was doing those just to impress you Adcom people", a trait that is usually frown upon at UW.</p>

<p>Haha, once again thanks for the advice dallas! I actually tied the at-risk kids thing into my essay on something that inspired me in my own hometown-it's pretty racially and economically divided, something i couldn't understand, so i did a conference in rhode island a few summers ago where i interacted with kids from 155 different countries. that really inspired me to help increase cultural benevolence in my own hometown, so i collected school supplies through a school club and delivered them to an orphanage in mexico. that helped me understand what the minorities go through down there, and why they immigrate to the US. so it's been an ongoing experience, which i'm hoping they'll see as something i'm truly passionate about.</p>