One bad grade for senior year

<p>i am currently taking physics c ap in my high school. i currently have a c in that class. i think that there is a possibility of it dropping to a d but i hope not. if i get a c in physics by the end of senior year and if i were accepted to a uc, will the school rescind my admission</p>

<p>They have the right to rescind you if you get a D, so I wouldn't be worrying about what happens, I'd be worried about how to fix it at this point (or you can just drop the class). Of course, there ARE stories of people getting in anyways, but I'd rather not have to feel anxiety all the way up till school starts next year to wait and see.</p>

<p>so just in case, if i end up with a c will they rescind me</p>

<p>noooooooooo</p>

<p>thanks. now i just have to find a way to improve that grade</p>

<p>Depends on what school, and how your other grades hold up. If you get straight Bs and one C, and you matriculated to Berkeley/LA, then technically you fall below their 3.0 average. I doubt it though.</p>

<p>If you receive a grade lower than a “C” grade, contact all the schools you applied to immediately. If you maintain your “C” grade or higher review the Conditions of Admissions you receive from the campus to make sure you meet the GPA requirement if there is one.</p>

<p>this might be a stupid question but how would i contact my schools and what would i say</p>

<p>After you've applied each school generally has an admissions website where you can login to view the status of your application. I know for UCI you could send a message to the admissions counselors from that page to let them know about something like that.</p>

<p>what will happen though. will they rescind my application</p>

<p>It depends on the situation, circumstances and campus. That is why we require you contact us with the information so we can review to make a decision.</p>

<p>sorry for the stupid question but if my admission to a uc gets rescinded what will happen. how will i get into a university at that late in time. what information would i provide to you guys if this happen and do i contact by email?</p>

<p>UCR and UCM usually extend their matriculation times, and there's always the CC=>UC route. You can try and appeal the decision as well, although at this point, if you're doing poorly, you should just drop the class.</p>

<p>but isn't having a "dropped" on the transcript not good either</p>

<p>The tip/top UCs might flinch. The lower tier UCs might not. That is why it's best to apply to a wide range of schools that include R/M/S. My 99cents advice is try not to drop your grade. You still have time to bring it up. 1st quarter grades just came out.</p>

<p>do calstate universities reject you if you have any grade that is "D" or below?</p>

<p>also does it matter if i get a "D" in physics even though i have already finished all my science credits. just wondering</p>

<p>I'd think it'd definitely raise up some red flags.</p>

<p>Yes it would give grounds to revoke your admissions. Granted not EVERYONE that gets Ds get revoked, but it puts you in jeopardy. I would talk to your counselors to see if you can drop the class, or if possible talk to the teacher to see if there are any solutions to this mess. Also, if your school goes by a semester grading policy (ie. yearlong classes with 2 grading semesters), quarter grades don't count (as long as the final grade that comes out is the one each semester)</p>

<p>and just checking they don't use the senior grades for admissions but only for last eligibility rightr?</p>