One day Bama Bound

<p>For those of you who have done the one day did you feel short-changed? I know you might not be able to compare it to the 1.5 days. Is overnight in the dorm an option? We are weighing the Honors 1 day v the non-honors 1.5 days as this is the only choice with S’s schedule.</p>

<p>I can’t speak as someone who attended the 1-day, but there was a lot of empty room in the 1 1/2 day schedule. The actual work of BamaBound could easily be accomplished in 1 day.</p>

<p>I think the problem with the 1 day is that you don’t spend the night and you don’t have the evening social activities…like the pool party at night.</p>

<p>Yes, all the info could probably be done in one day, but the social aspect would be lacking. I wouldn’t recommend it for an OOS student. It’s fine for instate students who will know kids at Bama already.</p>

<p>I think that one major plus of the 1.5 day Bama Bound is that the students get the experience of staying in the dorms. Even if you are a finalist in CBH or UFE, you still would not have stayed in the dorms (they put you up at a hotel). So, this is a unique opportunity to get a taste of what college living will be like.</p>

<p>As far as content, it can all be done in one day.</p>

<p>That being said, if it does not fit into your son’s schedule then you really
have no choice and he will get plenty of college living during his four years on campus. :)</p>