One final chance thread....until the week of decsions at least :D

<p>Okay so ive got some new college news that i thought would be beneficial so here goes.</p>

<p>Major: Engineering
GPA: 3.4 uw 3.6-7 weighted
SAT: 660 M, 690 CR, 640 W, (1350/1990)
School: Extremely prestigious, private, christian
two ap's this year (chem and lit), lots of honors.
over 300 hrs of community service: Mission trips over seas, volunteering to help mentally disabled, etc. </p>

<p>I was invited to apply to the honors college and i did. I wrote a great essay (IMO, and in my lit teacher's) and my curriculum vitae was almost 7 pages long. </p>

<p>Ive been accepted to:
Ohio State (honors program + engineering + heathly scholarship)
Auburn (engineering + scholarship)
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (Engineering, after being deferred)
Clemson (Engineering, probably my second choice. would go here if they offered more money than tech)</p>

<p>I was just postponed at U of Wisconsin-Madison.</p>

<p>I made it very clear that tech was my top choice in both my essay to the honors college and in that 200 words or so we were alloted for the regular application (i actually kinda put an essay in there :D) I have made an offficial visit, along with watching tech stomp on OU from the fifty yard line 5 rows back. </p>

<p>My senior midterms were straight a's and a c in ap lit. </p>

<p>Ne input is appreciated. Thanks in advance. Hopefully we hear back in mid march instead of April, thats the word on the block.</p>

<p>About all the scholarships you got: Did you apply for them or did the colleges offer them to you?</p>

<p>i applied by the "priority" deadline for ohio state. Auburn just gave it to me. Ohio state said they might even give me more. I just recently got into Clemson and RHIT so hopefully ill hear about merit soon.</p>

<p>O wow. I forgot to add something. I am a legacy, my dad, in both the university and in the engineering department (idk if that matters), and i dont know how much leverage legacy gives you, but i thought id add it.</p>

<p>Why would you're chances change from now and the final week before decisions?</p>

<p>esmitty, in my opinion you look like a solid applicant and I hope you are offered a chance to go to VT. The only area I see that is a bit low (and this is because you are OOS and want to go into engineering) is your GPA. The GPA's for kids wanting to go into that major are really high to begin with (3.8+ UW), but your SAT scores are right in line, so hopefully that will help. Getting midterm straight A's (and a C in a hard AP class) I would think would look good to them, too. Your ECs are really great- congratulations for doing such wonderful work! I wish VT could look more at this, but from what I have heard, they don't put as much emphasis on it as say William and Mary or other smaller schools. Good luck! This next month will fly by and soon you will hopefully get some great news!</p>

<p>KandK: thanks alot I hope so too, and ya i realize my gpa isn't quite on par.</p>

<p>Dal: It wouldn't, but my anxiety over the decsion would and i would want more input.</p>

<p>Ne one else?</p>