One major, three certificates (CALS)? Can it be done realistically?

Major: Life Sciences Communication (Communication Skills and Technologies track)

Certificates: Digital Studies, Business Management for CALS, Scandinavian Studies

I am a freshman now and already have 8 of 15 credits for Scandinavian Studies. It’s just an abstract interest, but hey, I experimented first semester and am now half way there.

LSC and the two CALS certificates will likely cross over in a lot of areas, but still, three certificates is a lot. Can it be done realistically in 4 years?

Also, I plan on knocking out chem this summer and doing an internship. I also hope to do a study abroad one summer. So if that gives me any more space.

Also, I plan on knocking out chem this summer and doing an internship. I also hope to do a study abroad one summer. So if that gives me any more space.

Go for it, why not? You can always not finish any of them. College is for educating yourself and you can use your electives any way you want. Be sure to not shortchange your major in the process, however. This may mean forgoing a fun course for getting more than the minimum credits in your major. No plans should be etched in stone, you will evolve your goals over the semesters.

Thanks @wis75 :slight_smile: I’ve changed my mind probably ten times since I started the semester haha so I guess we’ll see. Of them, something will win out in the end if I can’t do them all.