One or two credit honor seminar classes for upperclassmen

<p>Hi All- </p>

<p>I agree with all of you. My son is trying to think long term and see how all the pieces of the puzzle will fit. I think sometimes it gets over whelming for him. I do know he is not interested in medical school. He also isn’t too thrilled about his advisor. Thanks again, you guys are terrific.</p>

<p>Although not an honors course, if you’re in need of a fine arts course, there’s an Intro to Fine Arts section that is only open to engineering majors. Son took this freshman year, and recommended it to friends who took it last year. They got to read some great sci fi books and did some very neat projects. No major papers involved. And I don’t believe there was a final exam, either, or at least it was very easy to get exempt from. </p>

<p>Some of the boys took the honors course that was about sci fi, which was video conferenced, and said the course was HORRIBLE! Not what they were expecting at all, and really regretted taking it.</p>

<p>This coming semester I’m taking two honors courses to finish up my hours (I only need 4). They are both 3 credit courses. One is UH 210, Behind the British Mask, which is doubling as my final humanity since Bama wouldn’t take my AP Art credit. The other is UH 300, Finding Financial Freedom, which I’ve heard good things about and it should prove beneficial in the financial realm. Hoping they will be useful, but not super time consuming. I am worried though, because it seems like they heavily emphasize attendance, and I already know I’m going to be missing a sizable amount of class due to conferences and such.</p>

<p>My D is looking for a seminar course. She only needs 2 hours, but 3 would be fine. When we look at all the honors courses offered, some say seminar and some only say course, but reading here ANY UH course would work? She is hopefully going to Oxford in the summer and plans to take UH 210: The Arts of Oxford. Could that count as a seminar class and also fill her fine arts requirement?</p>

<p>Linnylu, UH210 will count toward the 6 seminar hours and also fill the FA requirement.</p>

<p>Looks like there are at least 3 of us planning on our D’s attending Oxford in summer 2013. If my D gets accepted and decides to go, then the UH 210 will satisfy her honors seminar and fine arts requirements and the English Lit class will finish her honors requirements!</p>