One quick question about sending ACT

Sorry I have asked so many questions recently. I just have one final one. I already submitted my app with a 31 act. I decided to take the October one and will send it to Alabama hoping I get a 32. I emailed them, but I was kind of confused by their response. Are they going to send out my admissions decisions and scholarship info before but then update it after they receive my new score(assuming I get a 32)? Or will they just hold onto the decision? The email says:
“You will just need to send in your new test scores when they become available. We will accept new test scores through the December 2016 test date.”

Thanks

I do not believe they will hold onto the decision, because they have no way of knowing that you will indeed actually send in updated scores (hey, things happen…you might not follow through…). So, yes, they will send you info/decision based on what you sent them to date, as long as your application is complete.

@aeromom but if I send a new act before the December deadline will they update scholarship info(assuming I get a 32)?

Yes, if you meet the deadline with a new score they will update your scholarship.

@2015pop thank you

No…your decision will NOT be held up. The merit will later be updated.

Decisions are only “held up” if someone applies and is “borderline” or “low” and then Bama waits to see if new stats are later sent.

To clarify, your admission and scholarship letters will come based on current info; then if you get higher ACT score, you will get another letter - this happened with my DD who improved her ACT score Dec, and letter was congratulating her on received the Presidential Scholarship and full Engineering Scholarship.

Ok thank you everyone. I was mainly concerned about the update since I never indicated I would be taking the test again.