Online Room Selection Update 4/9

<p>Good afternoon,
If you are participating in Online Room Selection tonight, we want to bring a few things to your attention.</p>

<p>There is still vacant space throughout many of our residence halls for you to select. This includes empty double rooms in various traditional residence halls, as well as space in suites and in Honors Housing. You are unlikely to find completely empty suites tonight, however, so if you have been planning to live with three other individuals, we suggest that you talk with your potential roommates and consider an alternate plan, including ways in which you might divide up two and two. If you are not initially able to find space with your preferred roommate(s), you may wish to take advantage of Room Swap, which allows a student to request a direct swap with another student and may facilitate your getting into a space that you want with a specific roommate. Information about how room swap works can be found on the HRC home page at [Student</a> Affairs | Housing & Residential Communities](<a href=“http://housing.ua.edu/new_students/room_swap_guide.cfm]Student”>http://housing.ua.edu/new_students/room_swap_guide.cfm). </p>

<p>If you are interested in participating in a living-learning community, space is still available in the Business Living Option in Friedman Hall; in the male Engineering Living Option in Bryant Hall; in Colaboratory, the arts-focused community in Blount; and in the Arts & Sciences, Communication, Nursing and Human Environmental Sciences Communities in Harris Hall. If you are eligible for these communities, you will see them as options to selection during room selection.</p>

<p>Please note, space changes quickly once room selection is available, and the above information should not be a guarantee regarding what you will see during room selection tonight. It is intended only as a guide, so that you have several potential plans in place prior to entering room selection this evening. Spaces do continue to change, as our staff process cancellations and as students move around, so other options may become available when room selection is again available from 4:00 p.m. CST until 7:00 a.m. from April 15-April 30.</p>

<p>HRC Staff will be available to answer questions in the office from 6pm-9pm CST this evening.</p>

<p>Hope this helps!
Janine Gascoigne</p>

<p>How extremely helpful! I never cease to be amazed at the helpful, courteous and gracious nature of the 'BAMA family.</p>

<p>Good luck to tonight’s group!</p>

<p>How did it go tonight???</p>

<p>The only 4 person suites available were in Parham. Stressful day and I’m glad it’s over! I’m not sure why students are encouraged to find roommates if there is such a small chance of them actually getting to live together.</p>

<p>I’d like to add that this thread was extremely helpful and allowed my DD and roommates a chance to regroup before housing selection. Thank you UA Housing for getting this message out so quickly.</p>