Online status just changed - daughter accepted to Virginia Tech

<p>Online status now shows acceptance to the university!</p>

<p>Congratulations!! That’s great news! I’m sure you and your daughter are really happy! If I may ask, what is she going to major in?</p>

<p>congrats! I was just accepted as well !! Cant wait to visit</p>

<p>for those who are interested here are my stats.</p>

<p>Decision: ACCEPTED for Computer Science!</p>

<p>Stats:
SAT: N/A
SAT II’s: N/A
ACT: 33
GPA: 3.8 UW 4.2 W

<p>Location/Person:
State or Country: New York
School Type: Public
Ethnicity: White

<p>S was just admitted.</p>

<p>Stats
W GPA - 3.9
ACT - 30
English 35
Math 31
Science 30
Reading 25
Applied Business School
Offered Honors application, never filled it out
EC’s - 3 sports/year, 200 hours community service, int’l community service
Rec’s great</p>

<p>13thalbloo: She was accepted for Engineering. I’ll let her post her stats so I don’t steal her thunder! She has a full-tuition scholarship to Pitt for Engineering, however, so I’m not sure that Virginia Tech will stay on her radar. She would love to attend VT, but being OSS, it becomes pretty expensive. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear!</p>

<p>I love this time of year reading all of the posts from students and parents sharing their happy admission news! :slight_smile: You can almost feel the excitement, relief and happiness coming across the computer screen. Well done and congratulations to all! GO HOKIES!</p>

<p>Congratulations to all! Southmom, a full tuition scholarship to Pitt would be hard to turn down. I have a masters’ from Pitt and am visiting family in Pittsburgh now from Virginia. Just drove through Oakland yesterday , drove by Pitt and Carnegie Mellon(husband’s alma mater) on the way to Phipps Conservatory and remarked to my sister how nice it would be to go to Pitt or CMU-lots of kids out and about on a nice day! Son is very happy at Virginia Tech in engineering but we are instate. Virginia Tech has a beautiful campus and always see lots of kids hanging out there as well when we visit. Good luck on the decision-you can’t go wrong with either Pitt or Virginia Tech. And as KandKsmom says, GO HOKIES!</p>

<p>Accepted here as well. Big smiles and happy dance all around!!</p>

<p>Only have to hear from Honors/honors housing, and the e’school Dean/Davenport scholarship now. Then we wait form a few other last notifications to come in. There’s only one that cour trump this!!</p>

<p>Happy day here! Congratulations to others receiving good news today!! :)</p>

<p>A very special shout out to Pima of Bullet and Pima who was so kind to walk me through this process!! Parents who stick around their college years to share insight and a calming voice can not be underestimated. I owe a debt if gratitude to those parents. Most of all PIMA!!!</p>

<p>Thanks also goes to faculty and staff where always willing to lend a helping hand. </p>

<p>Most sincere gratitude from a possible future Hokie '15.</p>

<p>ACCEPTED!!! But I can’t find what school I got accepted to. Can anyone help me with this? I applied Engineering.<br>
Stats:
ACT-31
English-28
Math-32
Reading-30
Science-33
GPA-92.27/100</p>

<p>I’m OOS
New York
School-Public
Male</p>

<p>I was ACCEPTED as well!!!</p>

<p>ACT: 31
GPA: 4.2
Instate from Northern VA</p>

<p>Congrats Everyone! I got accepted 2 weeks ago but here are my stats for the future so people can chance themselves and see the trend haha.</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted for Computer Science / College of Engineering!</p>

<p>Stats:</p>

<p>SAT: 600/750/680 (M/CR/W)
SAT II’s: Math Level II - 780
ACT: 30
GPA: 4.32 W

<p>Location: Northern Virginia
School Type: Public, pretty competitive school.
Ethnicity: Indian

<p>Got invited to Honors, applied already and applied for the Dean’s scholarship. Still anxious to hear about those decisions!</p>

<p>Congrats once again everyone, Let’s Go VT Class of 2015!!!</p>

<p>Congrats everyone!!
I wish my status page had been updated today… :confused:
But thanks for posting all of your stats…it is reassuring to see students similar to me get accepted!</p>

<p>Hi there!~ I’m a mom…just joined today. My son applied RD on JANUARY 15TH. Yep, waited until the last possible second to submit everything. Anyway, we rec’d a letter in the mail today offering application to the Honors College. This prompted us to go online to check his status and it has been updated to “offered admission” . Hooray! We, too, were confused about whether he was accepted into the the School of Engineering, which is the school to which he applied. I emaild VT and received this response:</p>

<p>“We are working to add majors to the application status page, but at the moment, students will only learn of the major to which they are offered admission through the official offer packet that will come in the mail. He has, in fact, been offered admission into general engineering. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance!”</p>

<p>Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Virginia Tech
201 Burruss Hall
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Phone: 540/231-6267
Fax: 540/231-3242</p>

<p>So the answer is: if you are accepted, it is in the school to which you applied. Good luck to everyone… my son only applied to two school and the other is a service academy with a 5% acceptance rate so it is a relief to have at least one acceptance already!</p>