OOS at TCNJ

Are OOS students very rare at TCNJ? We are in the northeast, so not at all a culture shock in NJ, but was not sure if most kids go home on the weekends? We noticed a lot of students going into and out of the parking garage - are they commuting from home or just their nearby houses with friends? With close to 7K students, even if 1000 go home, I hope there are still plenty of things going on over the weekend?
By the way, thought it was a beautiful campus, with a lot to offer for a good size school. Price OOS is not that different from our in state flagship anyway. Thanks!

The most recent CDS shows 7% of first-year students are OOS and 5% of all undergraduates are. I don’t have any knowledge of whether there’s a commuter culture.

1 Like

My son is a NJ resident, but never came home on weekends. He didn’t have a car until junior year, and if he had to come home for any reason he’d take the NJ transit train. He pledged a business fraternity freshman year, and maybe a social one sophomore year, he kept busy. He also played club soccer. ETA, his college girlfriend was a NJ resident and stayed weekends, his current girlfriend a NJ resident and stays there on weekends too. I think all were off campus by junior year.

1 Like

My son is a junior and OOS. Only a little over an hour away. He very rarely comes home. Plays club sports and joined a fraternity. He loves it.

1 Like