Oos chance?

<p>Asian Female senior from Public Highschool in Oklahoma. I plan to major in Biochemistry. </p>

<p>My stats:
GPA: 3.62 (I started out bad during 9th grade with a 3.5gpa, 10th - 3.5gpa, and 3.85gpa for 11th grade.) Weighted is around 3.85
ACT: 27 Without Writing, but I'm taking the ACT WITH WRITING in December and I will send in that score.
Class rank: top 15%
AP class: (8 total) I've taken Ap Euro, AP US History, AP Psychology, & AP Chem classes. This year I"m taking AP Biology, AP Physics, AP English, AP Calc BC. I've only taken AP tests for chem and Psychology but only passed the psychology<br>
Extra ACtivites: NHS since mid soph year, Orchestra (9-12) and won alot of awards. Key Club, Environemntal Club (But I joined senior year so... =). I was on Academic Team soph year and we got 3rd place at a state contest. I helped out at the Library during my 11th and 12th grade. For 11th grade, I helped out during my spring break for about 4 hours. For 12th grade, I spent my summer helping out with the Summer reading program - 13.5hours. I went to a retirement home and helped out. I also went to a Shelter and spent 6 hours there helping out to prepare for Thanksgiving. Not much extra activites...
My essays and Teacher rec should be fine. </p>

<p>Thanks in advance!<br>
Also a question, do they look at your ACT score without writing and compare it with your writing? just wondering.</p>

<p>As far as I’m aware, ACT without writing means absolutely nothing to anyone. And is taking the ACT in December going to be in time for admissions?</p>

<p>I don’t think they look at writing, but i’m pretty sure it is required.</p>

<p>As for chances, I don’t know. Previously I would have said about 50/50, but with what I have been hereing from people this year, I think this is bad year for borderline candidates cause admissions seem to be shooting up in selectivity. Hell, a kid with a 34 ACT and 3.9 GPA said he got postponed, so I don’t know what to tell ya. Also the standards seem to be higher for OOS applicants vs WI/MN residents this year. Never hurts to apply though.</p>

<p>CollegeBoard states that SAT Reasoning / ACT score report due by: 01-FEB so it should be fine taking it in December. </p>

<p>I know the writing is required, but what I meant was that after I send in my ACT score WITH WRITING, do they look at the score with writing and without to make comparison? for example, The same test with the scores 30 without writing and 28 with writing.</p>

<p>Read the UW freshman admissions info (that’s where get our info- from the UW website)- they take scores from one test- the highest scoring, but may also look at others. This includes the writing so it appears as though your Dec score will be the one that counts. Also remember your major does not matter for admissions, it only helps when it comes time for being assigned an advisor.</p>

<p>Yeah, I acutally only want them to look at my future December score. Hopefully I can get a 29+.</p>