OOS Chances?

<p>2270 SAT
800 CR
690 Math (ugh)
780 Writing
Retook this October, expect to get my math to at least the low-mid 700's, CR and W likely the same as before.</p>

<p>3.875 GPA, with +.5 for AP- no idea how/if UW weights but this how Georgia Tech does it and they're a comparable school (upward trend, all but 1 B came freshman year)</p>

<p>11 AP classes through senior year:
AP Human
AP World
APUSH
AP Chem
AP Lang
AP Lit
AP Calc AB
AP Calc BC
AP Physics C: Mech
AP Microecon
AP US Gov
AP Psych</p>

<p>National Merit Semifinalist
AP Scholar with Distinction
Coupe of school-wide awards (idk if there's a place to put awards on the app, but whatever)</p>

<p>Meh extracurriculars, some loose volunteering and sports. I've done stuff, but it's not impressive or extensive to be honest. </p>

<p>Soooo... what am I looking at chance-wise?</p>

<p>Unweighted grades on a 4.0 = A scale. Take the grade you got (usually + adds 0.3 and - subtracts 0.3 from a grade, an A- is 3.7, etc) without adding any points for Honors/AP et al. You can easily do the arithmetic to come up with the gpa UW uses. The AP’s will count for the rigor of your coursework.</p>

<p>Good test scores, keep up the grades as a senior. Good chance, could go either way. Write good essays and show you want to attend UW.</p>

<p>@Wis75: Are you sure about your formula for determining unweighted GPA? About 18 months ago, a woman named Jenny is Admissions told me that in order to “standardize” across all high schools, an A+, A, or A- are all 4.0. In other words, no upside of downside for a “+” or “-”. Is your formula for determining based on new facts or did you hear something different from admissions? When I received the explanation, I was told that several high schools convert +'s and -'s to just the individual letter grade; therefore there was no other way of determining a common scale.</p>

<p>I am not saying what I was told is how they do it now, it’s just what one person in Admissions told me 18 months ago.</p>

<p>Didn’t know that- helps the students whose school systems don’t do +,- grading be on the same footing.</p>

<p>Slam dunk in. No worries.</p>

<p>I got into Engineering with 1780 SAT and an IB Diploma. However, I have excellent activities and extremely good teacher recommendations!</p>

<p>Slam dunk in. No worries.</p>