OOS COLLEGES FOR NURSING MAJOR!

Hey guys! So, I’m a junior in hs and i’m currently looking for some colleges that have a great nursing program (specifically a direct entry bsn) and a relatively nice OOS tuition. I would go to the schools in Cali., but I’m kinda bored of staying in Cali, and I’ve read that either UCSD or UCSF have low acceptance rate ( i believe 5%, so i’d rather not risk it and just apply for schools with higher acceptance rates). As for my stats, last time I checked (last year in first semester) I had a 3.6 gpa, and as for SAT scores, I just took my first one a couple days ago, but lets assume that I most likely got a average score.

So, all I’m asking for is some suggestions of: schools w/ OOS tuition rate, how life is at the state/city
thank you!(:

You can see posts from other Californians who have been considering programs in Oregon and Washington. I believe the public universities in Nevada and Utah have reasonable out of state tuition. Most public universities in the northeast are relatively expensive out of state. If you are eligible for need based or merit based aid, you may find some public colleges that are comparable in net price to a public university. At a less selective private college, you may be offered a 50% off of tuition merit scholarship for test scores and grades that are not extremely high.

You also need to consider cost of living. If you need to fly to an out of state college, check out the cost of airfare over the Christmas and Thanksgiving holidays .The cost of housing varies greatly across the US, particularly if you need to live off campus as an upperclassman. (Last time I looked, UC Berkeley had the most expensive on campus housing of any public university in the US)

Good luck to you! UCSD doesn’t having a nursing program at the undergrad level, and UCSF is a purely graduate school, so it doesn’t have any undergrad students at all.

UPitt has a total OOS tuition/room and board of about 44K I believe (I’m a senior so I just applied/got in this year) and they gave me a pretty big scholarship to make it more affordable. It’s also a direct entry 4-year BSN where you start clinicals in sophomore year which is nice.

UMich is craaazy expensive OOS, it’s 43K for just tuition and then about 12K more for room and board. It is direct entry 4-years though. You start clinicals in freshman year winter.

Case Western in Cleveland is direct entry 4-years and they give out a lot of merit and need based scholarships (I got half-tuition from them). You start clinicals here within 3 weeks of freshman year, which is really awesome in my opinion!

Rutgers was in state for me so I don’t remember the OOS tuition, but their nursing program is also 4 year direct entry.

Those are some of the schools I applied to and got into this year. Hope I helped a bit!

Arizona state has a very good direct entry Nursing program. Check it out.

https://nursingandhealth.asu.edu/degree-programs/undergraduate

Hey! I’m in California, and I was choosing between:

UCLA
UC Irvine
Azusa Pacific
University of Washington, Seattle
University of Pennsylvania

Ultimately I chose UCLA because it was cheaper, in-state (distance was a small factor, as well as tuition benefits), still competitive like UPenn, and just kinda had the whole package.
Good luck!