OOS Merit aid

Prior to this year, Auburn had a section which set out definite OOS merit awards based on GPA and SAT/ACT. Specifically, Auburn’s website stated that an applicant with a 3.5 GPA and a 31 ACT or SAT equivalent would receive $15k per year for four years.

Now the AUSOM site for Auburn states that a 3.5 GPA and a 29 ACT or SAT equivalent will be awarded $8k to $18k per year for four years. That is a pretty big range of possible awards and would make a difference to our family as to whether or not Auburn would be a financial option.

Does anyone have any input on the change or what criteria are used to determine the actual award?

@WDE1994 …any thoughts?

If you use the Net Price Calculator, it will tell you what to expect based on your specific GPA and SAT/ACT score. The amount of money decreased significantly this past year compared to previous years.

Did you find an answer to your question? We are OOS, too. We visited Auburn earlier this week, and we were told due to Covid and some students couldn’t take the ACT / SAT they were not setting a certain amount like in previous years. I saw previous year amounts were $15K and $16.5K. Those would be great amounts if they could offer them this year, too.

@momofgr8kids … My D22 is very interested in Auburn, but we still have a year to wait and see what the OOS merit amounts will actually look like moving forward. We, too, recently visited, but we only met with the College of Agriculture and were not able to speak to anyone in admissions regarding exact amounts for merit aid.

We both really liked Auburn a lot, and I think it would be a good fit for her. However, I am not sure I would be willing to pay $50k a year for her to go there.

1 Like

Same boat here. Not having a specific data point to base off this year makes it a little hard to plan early financially and college decision wise. Bama’s OOS merit based scholly’s are more generous and still defined. I have also heard the Aub scholly money will not be as much this year - hope I’m wrong. It’s a beautiful campus and a great school.

Does anyone know when we will be notified of merit aid? My D just got her acceptance tonight but wondering when we would find out if she got anything.

You have to apply through the AUSOM I am pretty sure which is not available until 12/1.

My daughter was accepted a month ago and it is my understanding you have to apply, we have not heard about merit aid yet.