OOS Merit Scholarships Yet?

I’ve heard nothing about scholarships, but I did receive an invite to the Honors college. If anything, all that did was make me more nervous that scholarships did come out, but I didn’t receive one. It seems like everyone else is still waiting though… Hopefully the wait ends soon and good luck to everyone in the hunt!

Congratulations on your Honor’s college invitation @PacersColts987!

Where on the mypurdue portal are you seeing the scholarship notifications? Financial tab?

From what I understand from last year’s posts and the few who posted here and got early round scholarships, there will appear a new scholarship line on your application status right below the decision letter if you are awarded a scholarship.

The following was posted on the 2015 Admitted Purdue Families Facebook page. Hopefully it will answer some questions. Good luck everyone!

"Barring any unexpected technical issues, Presidential Scholarship recipients will be able to view an electronic copy of their scholarship letter tomorrow – Friday, February 20. Recipients will see a link to the letter within their online application summary, adjacent to where they see their admission offer letter. Paper versions of the scholarship letter will be in the mail this week as well. We do not produce “you do not have a scholarship” letters, so only recipients will see the link.

This is always a difficult time of year for the families of many admitted students as well as for those of us who have been helping you through the admission process. Purdue merit scholarships are very competitive; in fact only 10% of our admitted students will receive one. In addition, our applications this year have reached a record high, which means all of your students are extremely accomplished. However, it also means many exceptional students will not receive a Purdue merit scholarship.

This will complete the selection for Presidential Scholarships. Scholarships based on some level of financial need will be awarded in Financial Aid packages in mid-March. If you haven’t already, file your FAFSA no later than March 1 – this is a requirement to be considered for need-based scholarships.

Our scholarship selection process is holistic, which means everything your student provided in his or her application was considered. For that reason, Purdue representatives will not be able to provide specific information about why a student did or did not receive an award. Also, please keep in mind that Purdue cannot negotiate scholarship awards."

@CSmajorQ Thank you.

@CSmajorQ Thanks for posting the information!

Just logged into MyPortal and has a Scholarship link now, but then it states they are still reviewing Fafsa and something about grades, but we haven’t submitted them yet for first semester and they are fine anyway. If anyone sees something like this please post.

I want to add that the person who posted that information asked that people not post individual results of scholarship awards in the Facebook group. They asked that members keep the good news to their personal pages because of the sensitivity of the subject. I thought it showed a great deal of consideration for their prospective students and their families. I have been impressed with the communication and professionalism coming out of Purdue.

CSmajorQ, I agree, though we are not Facebook users in our family, the Purdue e-mails and frequency of information sessions are really great.

There is no money!

@beach5, I just checked my daughter’s and there is nothing like that. It has not changed.

Just checked my Application Summary and there was a letter there informing me that I was selected for the Purdue Scholarship for $10,000 a year.

Also just received the Presidential scholarship

Check your application summary not your “myPurdue” account… That was causing me some confusion

I received a $8,000 scholarship per year. I’m instate and going into the pre-pharmacy program! Extremely excited! Congratulations to everyone else and I wish you all luck!

Wow, my son got the 10K Presidential Scholarship! Wasn’t expecting that!

We’re OOS, though, so I’m not sure we can afford it. We do get Pell Grant of $1280, too. Are there other departmental scholarships that might still be coming? Also, does anyone know if Purdue gives any other need-based aid besides the Pell Grant?

I just ran a net price calculator and it doesn’t look like there’s anything else besides the Pell Grant.

Too bad! :frowning: My son and I really, really like Purdue, but it’s simply not affordable even with the generous scholarship.

@sbjdorlo Get your FAFSA filed as quickly as possible. Wait for the final financial aid. That will come the end of March. I won’t say much more other than while it’s not a good idea to get your hopes up you should also not give up hope. We were in the same situation (similar EFC/Presidential Scholarship) you are two years ago and it was made affordable after we got our financial aid packet.

I filed the FAFSA at the beginning of January, but I don’t see any other aid besides a Pell Grant, so maybe I’m missing something…Thanks for the encouragement. I was just checking one of my son’s other schools that he got into, and found he’d gotten a 22K scholarship, but again, COA is over 50K, so…

Got into honors college and got the 10k a year scholarship! Thrilled because this is one of my top choices and I am out of state! Congrats to everyone!