OOS or international?

<p>Hi everyone! Just want to clear my doubts about couple of stuff.</p>

<p>I am an American born in California but have been studying in Singapore since young. I just finished my A levels and I am planning to apply to UCB, UCLA, UCSD, UCI and UCD to pursue biochemistry. So, I will be counted as a OOS right? Instead of an international since I am an American? Just wondering, an OOS will have a higher chance of being admitted than an international? That was what I have been told.</p>

<p>Oh. And I do want to know what are my chances too. My SATs score is 1700 (CR:520, W:470, Maths:710). SAT subject test scores are 710 for Maths II and 720 for chinese with listening. Just took bio and chem and I am very sure that both will be above 700 (Bio may even be 750+). I know my CR and W score for SAT I is really low but I hope my math portion and subject tests made up for it. </p>

<p>Always been doing fairly well in junior college in Singapore. Better than average? Predicted grades for A levels are around 3As out of 5? For my O Levels, I got 5As and 2 Bs.</p>

<p>So anyone knows what my chances will be? I know not alot of people will know about the Singapore grading system but if you do know, please do help me? Thanks so much!</p>

<p>I really want to get in and we still have few more months to go till March but the wait is already killing me.</p>

<p>Yep, you will be considered OOS instead of international for admissions purposes. Your SAT scores aren’t high for Berkeley and UCLA to be honest, but I think you’ll have a shot in the other two.</p>

<p>Oh okay. Thanks alot. I am not really putting my hopes high for UCB or UCLA. But I hope at least I am accepted in the other UCs.</p>

<p>Definitely OOS if born on US soil.</p>

<p>If you are attending a community college now and are applying as a transfer, test scores won’t have impact since gpa is the main criteria.</p>