OOS Shipping Packages

<p>Hi, I know there was a recent change to where packages shipped to UA will be going. If I want to ship some of my daughter’s things down to UA, where should I be sending them at this time? Paty? Ferg?</p>

<p>^^^the million dollar question^^^</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1525018-ferguson-mail-sign-up.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1525018-ferguson-mail-sign-up.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Thanks for the response, I did see that. I just wasn’t sure if that applied to packages for move in. Someone we met at Bama Bound said they shipped to Paty so I was confused.</p>

<p>Personally, I think someone who lives in Tuscaloosa could make big money by accepting packages in July and August for nervous parents of freshmen…</p>

<p>The thought of standing in line for hours at the Ferg to then drag a huge box containing a heavy item such as a gel-foam mattress topper to Ridgecrest by foot in the heat really seems distasteful to me.</p>

<p>I suppose I could just ship to the UPS store for $5.00 per package. Or the hotel. Seems like a good option.</p>

<p>I sipped everything to the ups store last year and it was terrific. They confirmed they had my 5 boxes on the phone, kept them all together and even loaded them in my car. Well worth $25 and no lines. People who work there are very nice.</p>

<p>Do you have to have a UPS account to ship to the store?</p>

<p>We are using the UPS store to UPS store option until the Ferguson Mail center is completed. I really dont want my DS’s packages being the test pilot shipments, LOL.</p>

<p>$5 per package?? We cant be talking about big boxes right? I have to ship two 4 drawer storage cabinets that will contain 90% of my DS’s stuff. Pretty heavy I’d imagine since we haven’t packed them yet, not including the mattress pad, fan, keurig machine, etc…</p>

<p>TXA, check out <a href=“http://www.campusbellhops.com%5B/url%5D”>www.campusbellhops.com</a></p>

<p>These kids hit a gold mine!</p>

<p>will they accept fedex ground packages? i did a little research and that seems the cheapest way to ship.</p>

<p>All I can say from painful past experience last year is prepare for the worst. I fully realize there is a new process in the works for this year with the new mail/package center, but last year was an unmitigated disaster. Kids were standing in 2+ hour lines in the Ferg to get a package.</p>

<p>I am sure it will be better this year, but even with the improvements made, I don’t see how they could ever hope to staff to meet the inevitable crush that surely is present at the beginning of every term.</p>

<p>Campusbellhops should expand into matchmaking…after all, who doesn’t want a “trustworthy, non-creepy, clean-cut college guy” to be the first boy their DD meets at a new school? !!!</p>

<p>Reading all this is making me SOOOOO thankful that D decided to attend Early College. Even if she ends up having to be in a holding pattern for a few days, I can deal with that vs the whole move-in crush that she would be in if she had not done EC. </p>

<p>TXA, matchmaking is left to the CC pros. They would have to receive permission from
M2CK to venture into Bama matchmaking territory.
Hmmm, maybe all of those shy guys over in the Science and Engineering quad should sign up to be movers for the girls only dorms. :)</p>

<p>Hey include the Accounting guys too, right Upstate13?</p>

<p>I’m told that a definite perk to being a trustworthy, non-creepy, and clean-cut RA is that it is “all hands on deck” to help the ladies move into Tut… <grin></grin></p>

<p>Hahaha! I’m sure the parents love that! I loved all hands on deck for EC move in!
They even had coffee and donuts for everyone</p>